Every year, the goal of Cypress University is to provide the most up-to-date picture of the self-funding scene and introduce solutions that will help attendees adapt their plans accordingly.
LAS VEGAS (PRWEB) May 14, 2019
Taking a pioneering approach to employee benefits by introducing forward-thinking solutions and strategies for self-funded health plans, Cypress University is back in session today at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
The annual benefits conference has been hosted by Cypress Benefit Administrators, a Lucent Health company, since 2012, and features two days of information-packed panels and presentations led by acclaimed industry professionals from across the nation.
Cypress University 2019 is kicking off with a timely session – “Sound Bites vs. Substance” – from Ron Peck, executive vice president of The Phia Group. The presentation will separate speculation from reality in terms of the benefits-related issues being worked on behind the scenes in Washington, D.C., and share how the outcomes could affect health plans.
“Every year, the goal of Cypress University is to provide the most up-to-date picture of the self-funding scene and introduce solutions that will help attendees adapt their plans accordingly,” said Tom Doney, president of Cypress. “There’s a big focus on education as we show people a variety of ways they can further enhance plan control and savings.”
Highlights of Cypress University 2019 include:
- Cost containment results – actual, real-world outcomes from Cypress clients who are achieving savings through various cost containment programs
- Medical tourism options – the latest options available for domestic and international medical travel programs that are broadly accessible
- Next-generation patient care management solutions – programs that identify patients with the greatest medical challenges (and therefore, greatest health care costs) and help them better manage their care with active outreach and coordination
- Stop loss panel – an interactive discussion – back by popular demand – with industry experts who will share the latest news and developments in stop loss
- Networking opportunities – opportunities for attendees to meet with best-in-class presenters, partners and members of the Cypress team
This year’s conference will feature sessions from both new and returning Cypress University presenters. It will provide updates on past topics like reference-based pricing (RBP) and group captives and also introduce issues such as direct primary care and plan data management.
“We are very excited about the line-up of topics and speakers at Cypress University this year and hope all participants will come away with useful tips and strategies they can apply to their own plans,” Doney shared.
About Cypress Benefit Administrators
Cypress Benefit Administrators, a Lucent Health company, has been pioneering the way toward cost containment in self-funded health benefits since 2000. Privately held and headquartered in Appleton, Wis., the third party administrator (TPA) is the country’s first to bring claims administration, consumer driven health plans and proven cost control measures together into one package for companies ranging from 50 employees to thousands of employees. It serves employer-clients across the U.S. with additional locations in Portland, Ore., Omaha, Neb. and Denver, Col. For more information on Cypress and its customized employee benefits, visit http://www.cypressbenefit.com.