These transfer boards have the lowest peak force of any other patient transfer system, including air assist.
Winnipeg, Manitoba (PRWEB) July 22, 2014
Transfer Boards improve patient transfer time and reduce staff injury. These transfer boards make workloads easier for hospital staff and reduce strain on their backs, as they are designed to facilitate patient transfer with less effort.
“When talking about transferring patients, no one ever mentions peak force. Peak force is the maximum force achieved when using your muscles. Samarit transfer boards have the lowest peak force of any other patient transfer system, including air assist. The less peak force that an employee has to use means they have a lesser chance of sustaining a back injury,” explains Drew Samuels, Product Specialist at Meditek.
Some features and benefits of the new Samarit Transfer Boards:
- No latex
- Anti-bacterial surface
- Tear resistant nylon cloth
- Safe and comfortable for patients
- Non-toxic materials
- Easy to clean and disinfect – hygiene approved
- Disposable covers available
- Bridges gaps up to 20 cm
- Lightweight, easily suspended
- Flame retardant
All Rollbords are quite versatile, and Meditek carries many different sizes for various applications.
- Standard: For radiology, operating rooms, intensive care units and all special wards.
- ICU-Bariatric: Suitable for Intensive Care (ICU) nursing services, on air and decubitus mattresses.
- Surgiboard: For operating theatre, X-Ray, various wards (replaces aluminium rollers).
- Mini-GYN: For urology operating theatres, gynaecology operating theatres, wake-up stations and emergencies.
- MRI/CT/AMBU: For transfer of injured patients to or from a stretcher.
An independent study in 2013 on patient transfer products found that Samarit Transfer Boards consistently ranked first in many categories. The study found that less force was needed to transfer patients using the Samarit boards, while the time it took was the same as air assisted transfer devices. Read more about how Samarit Transfer Boards are ranked first in patient transfer devices.
Brad Samuels, Marketing Manager
Meditek, centrally located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, provides the Canadian healthcare industry with medical products such as surgical tables, surgical lights and transport stretchers; as well as offering services such hospital equipment inspection and preventative maintenance. More information about Meditek can be found at http://www.mediteksurgical.ca