Our latest growth data show that our universal shopping cart solution is working seamlessly and will scale faster than any other online checkout solution available today. - Razvan Roman, CEO of Two Tap
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 20, 2014
Today Two Tap announced record growth data and launched its Product Availability API, the first automated product inventory solution that allows consumers to instantly see if their product selections (style, color, size, etc.) are in stock before placing an order inside any mobile app and shopping site. Having doubled its supported retailers to 450 over the past three months – the most of any online shopping cart – Two Tap is most effective way for mobile app developers and publishers to enable purchases directly inside their apps, instantly track inventory, and make money each time a consumer buys any product from any retailer.
Prior to Product Availability API, consumers had to click through to see if their product selection was available, or would unwittingly save or share dead links or “cached” versions of products not in stock. One study found nearly 50 percent of top retailers’ most popular products on Pinterest link back to expired pages (source: Curalate). The problem stems, in part, to the fact that many online retailers struggle to keep a large volume of links updated as they quickly change inventory every season or when popular products sell out fast.
Two Tap’s record growth and its retailer-approved app developers and publishers prove that its universal shopping cart can rapidly scale to thousands of retailers, a landmark achievement for the e-commerce industry. Two Tap has increased its monthly transactions by nearly 50x over the past six months. Two Tap has also increased publishers’ mobile conversion rates by six to 10x, on par with desktop sales and among the industry’s best.
Power of Two Tap – Retailers Keep Sales Data, Relationship with Consumers
Unlike other shopping platforms, Two Tap Checkout and Product Availability APIs do not require any technical integration from retailers. Two Tap allows retailers to process their own payments, retain full control over their sales data, and easily integrate them into any CRM software. Retailers keep their relationship with consumers fully intact, allowing their affiliate network partners, customer support, and product return teams to continue working seamlessly without any disruption.
"For third-party purchases, it's critical that retailers be able to keep their sales data and relationship with consumers fully intact without adding any intermediary layer," said Deirdre Hatfield, Business Development and New Technology at CJ Affiliate, a top affiliate network that helps manage retailer sales on mobile apps and shopping sites. "Unlike other checkout solutions, Two Tap allows us to do precisely that while helping increase revenue for us and our online retail partners.”
Two Tap already powers checkouts across the most vertical retail markets available today, including fashion, beverage, gaming, home improvement and décor, electronics, sports equipment and apparel, health, nutrition and much more. Two Tap is also well positioned to continue rapidly expanding beyond smartphones, tablets and desktop because its technology can be used on any Web-connected device, including gaming consoles and wearable technology like Google Glass.
“We provide the infrastructure that enables consumers to buy any product from any retailer on any app or website,” said Razvan Roman, CEO of Two Tap. “Our latest growth data show that our unique shopping cart solution is working seamlessly and will scale faster than any other online checkout solution available today.”
Key Features and Benefits
Two Tap delivers a fully integrated, scalable and secure checkout experience for retailers, publishers and consumers alike. Key features and benefits include:
- Universal shopping cart: Order multiple products from multiple retailers within one checkout interface
- Retain visitors: Consumers have a convenient way to buy products without leaving the mobile app or website, while keeping the same experience as if they were purchasing directly from the retailer.
- Increase conversions: Simple checkout button leads to lower shopping cart abandonment. Consumers only need to enter shipping and billing information once.
- Acquire New Customers: Retailers can reach millions of new consumers – on their own sites, inside developers’ apps, and/or on publishers’ sites. Publishers and developers can also increase sales by offering more retailer products.
- Retailer Control: Retailers still process their own payments and keep their sales data while shoppers still receive standard order confirmation emails.
- Complete, Real-time Data: Unlike other solutions that rely on retailers to upload very limited product information, developers and publishers get real-time access to all product data available (e.g., inventory, size, color, style, etc).
- No Wallet Passwords: No need for consumers to remember passwords. Instead, consumers use their email address to obtain a PIN code via text message.
- Affiliate Ready: Two Tap supports all major affiliate networks including CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction), Rakuten Linkshare, Skimlinks and Viglinks, to name just a few.
- Platform agnostic: API-powered interface means Two Tap supports desktop, mobile and wearable tech platforms.
- Customer insights: Learn more about customers by keeping track of what they buy.
It’s free to place orders using Two Tap Checkout API. Complete pricing information for Two Tap Product Availability API can be found here and API documents here. For product screenshots, company logos and founder headshots, download the Two Tap press kit.
About Two Tap
Two Tap is a universal shopping cart that allows visitors to automatically buy any product from any retailer on any device, app or website. The company helps publishers and retailers increase sales conversions for mobile and traditional online purchases across hundreds of millions of products. No technical integration is necessary from retailers, making Two Tap the easiest and most effective way for mobile app developers and publishers to enable purchasing within their app and make money each time any product is purchased. Unlike other shopping platforms, retailers process their own payments and keep full control over their sales data and customer relationships. Founded in 2012 by Radu Spineanu and Razvan Roman with headquarters in San Francisco, Calif., Two Tap is a Y Combinator company backed by Khosla Ventures, Green Visor Capital, Initialized Capital, SV Angel, Digital Garage and Transmedia Capital. For more information, please visit https://twotap.com/.