RESTON, Va. (PRWEB) February 26, 2020
Resonate, the leading provider of A.I.-driven voter data and intelligence, today unveiled new voter research findings that provide deep insights into the values and motivations shaping the decisions of the 81 million voters who plan to vote in the Democratic Primary. The research uncovered five unique voter segments that candidates must consider as they plan their campaigns.
“The Democratic Primary Voter Landscape is highly segmented, and to date it has been a challenge for a single candidate to gain major traction,” said Bryan Gernert, Chief Executive Officer of Resonate. “As candidates drop out, it’s more critical than ever for the remaining candidates to effectively address each nuanced audience individually and doing so requires a deep and dynamic understanding of the different Democratic primary voter segments, that only Resonate provides.”
In order to demystify the highly complex Democratic Primary Voter Landscape, Resonate tapped into its continuously updated, highly accurate voter insights platform, which houses more than 13,000 attributes scaled to over 200 million American voters. Using artificial intelligence (AI) and deep machine learning, Resonate discerned clustered groups within the 81 million voters who plan to vote in the Democratic Primary and looked at how their values, motivations, policy positions, candidate platform support, voting history and media consumption habits influence who they are and who they’ll vote for in the primary. Key insights from the analysis included the following:
- Aspiring Advocates (41.7 million U.S. voters): This subset of voters includes a significant number of Gen Z minority females with lots of student debt. What they lack in income they make up for in passion for advocacy issues, which they care about more than political issues. They’re also not influenced by party affiliation and could also be known as the #socialreformsquad.
- Trend-Setting Activists (21 million): This group of voters includes a significant number of progressive and professional Millennials. They’re forward-thinking and accepting of others. By sharing their thoughts online, they're paving the way for future generations to speak their mind about political and social issues they’re passionate about.
- Engaged Intellectuals (7.6 million): This cluster includes a significant number of female Gen Xers who are highly educated and wealthy. They are the most politically engaged cluster. They donate more money to charities and political groups than any other Democratic primary voter segment. They read the newspaper, watch political programming and are staunch supporters of gun control.
- Duty-Bound Patriots (6.4 million): This cluster of voters includes male Baby Boomers who grew up during the Cold War, leaving them worried about terrorism and nuclear threats to the U.S. Their sense of civic duty and tolerance for others was formed watching the civil rights movement unfold during their youth. They’re creatures (or patriots) of habit who prefer to read the newspaper and watch the local news.
- Church-Going Moderates (4.1 million): This moderate subset includes a significant number of retired black women who are religious and also pro-choice. They don’t have much in the way of formal education or income, but they consume political media regularly, from live debates to broadcast news, and see voting as their civic duty.
Read the complete findings of Resonate’s Democratic Primary Voter Landscape research here.
Resonate’s deep history in helping political campaigns identify and target niche voter audiences has manifested in a strong track record of candidate victories. The five unique voter segments identified through Resonate’s unprecedented study are now available for targeting via Resonate.
Resonate is a pioneer in A.I.-driven consumer intelligence & analytics, delivering deep understanding, dynamic insights, cross-channel engagement and analysis in a single, simple-to-use SaaS platform. Resonate has deep consumer insights and contextually relevant data across more than 13,000 attributes, including values, motivations and other psychographics, describing more than 200 million U.S. consumers. Hundreds of companies have used Resonate to reveal and engage “The Human Element,” a 360-degree understanding of the individuals in their target audience that extends beyond traditional demographics, psychographics and behavioral data to uncover why consumers choose, buy or support certain brands, products or causes. Empowered with unparalleled insights, leading brands, agencies and organizations use Resonate to identify, engage and analyze these audiences, driving growth and increasing customer lifetime value.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Resonate is privately held and backed by Argentum Capital Partners, Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners and iNovia Capital. For more information, please visit http://www.resonate.com.