Orlando, FL (PRWEB) August 01, 2013
Ever wonder how many available government contracts there are up for bid? Well, there is a website that can show small businesses all of them. To date, there are 29,097 available government contracting opportunities to large and small businesses on FBO.gov (FebBizOpps). FBO.gov is the single, government point-of-entry for federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000. All of these contracts are organized by North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes. These NAICS codes are broken down by industry and trade. The beauty of this database is that a business can save a specific search that is tailored to a business type, location or even federal set-aside like 8(a), HUBZone, or Woman-Owned. The registration is a very easy and straightforward process:
1. Load up the website http://www.fbo.gov in your browser and scroll to the middle of the page where it says “Vendors / Citizens”. Click the “Register Now” link to navigate to the registration page.
2. Next, a business will need to enter their company’s 9 digit DUNS number near the bottom of the page and click “Proceed”.
3. On the next page, notice that a business's “Company Information” has been filled in automatically. If any of the information needs to be updated, make corrections as necessary. If a business's information was not automatically filled in, just type it in manually. Press the “Proceed” button again when finished.
4. Now a business will be asked for “Personal Information”. Enter contact information and select a username and password. Keep in mind that a business's password must be between 8 and 14 characters and will need to contain at least one of each of the following:
lower case letter
upper case letter
special character (!$, %, ^, etc.)
Once you’ve finished, click the “Proceed and Review” button.
5. Carefully review the registration information to make sure there are no errors. If it is correct, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. If not, click “Go Back” to return to previous pages and correct the information.
Every business picks out their NAICS codes when they first register in System for Award Management (SAM). SAM is the mandatory database that all contractors must be properly registered in to bid on available contracts and awards. In order to bid on and work government contracts, businesses must obtain a DUNS number and must complete their SAM registration. Successful contractors also develop aggressive government marketing plans, which include the creation of a profile on government websites such as the SBA’s Dynamic Small Business Search and automated bid notifications to their email from FBO.gov. Eric Knellinger, President of US Federal Contractor Registration, is strongly encouraging small businesses to ensure their registration is complete and correct so they don't miss out on the new opportunities available in government contracting. Information on how to win federal government contracts can be requested through the Contractor Helpline at (877) 252-2700 ext 1.
To help small businesses avoid costly errors, US Federal Contractor Registration is offering an evaluation and review of any interested vendor’s government registration. During the evaluation, a Placement Specialist will review the company’s government contractor registration to ensure it is complete, contains the correct information, and is optimized to help them win government contracts. To receive this evaluation, interested businesses should contact the toll free Contractor Helpline at (877) 252-2700 ext 1. Placement Specialists can also prepare a government contracting profitability assessment to help business owners review government spending trends within their industry and identify current contracting opportunities.
US Federal Contractor Registration is a third party registration firm that has helped thousands of businesses complete their registration and bid on contracts. US Federal Contractor Registration pairs businesses with a dedicated case manager who helps them every step of the way, from initial registration to bidding on contracts. To request an evaluation and assessment by a Placement Specialist for your business, call the Contractor Helpline at (877) 252-2700 ext 1 or visit our website at https://www.uscontractorregistration.com/.