Washington D.C. (PRWEB) July 08, 2014
John Wayne of US Federal Contractor Registration will be speaking at the 2014 National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) Convention on Friday, July 11th. John Wayne is one of the top Acquisition Specialists at US Federal Contractor Registration who will be talking about available minority owned business opportunities in government contracting. The 2014 NBCC Convention will take place at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers located in the heart of downtown Chicago, Illinois.
John Wayne has helped over 10,000 small businesses navigate the federal marketplace in order to win government contracts. He specializes in simplified acquisition contracts, no bid contracting, government registration, and federal set-aside qualification. Some of the federal resources John Wayne will be covering in full detail during his presentation will include:
- FedBizOpps (FBO) – Database and main bid board for available government contracts
- USASpending – Displays all federal awards and contracts issued
- Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS) – Displays previously awarded contracts
- System for Award Management (SAM) – Required contractor database in order to accept and bid on government contracts
Replaced CCR in July of 2012
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR) – Obsolet contractor database
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) – Codes that determine a contractor’s trades and services
- Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) – Displays available businesses that qualify for specific small business federal set-asides
The mission of the NBCC is to economically empower and sustain African American communities through entrepreneurship and capitalistic activity within the United States and via interaction with the Black Diaspora. If you would like to learn more about the National Black Chamber of Commerce or find out how to register for the 2014 convention, please refer to the link provided here.
US Federal Contractor Registration has registered over 60,000 private sector businesses in the SAM registration, some of which include McGraw Hill, HP, Wells Fargo, Xerox, GoodWill, Dixie, UPS, Heinz, Sheraton Hotels, Marriott, Westin, Interstate Oil, CITI, and Coldwell Banker, as well as academic institutions and colleges like NYC, Northwestern, Oxford, Southwestern, and Mercer. Numerous federal agencies like US Army, US Navy, Veteran Affairs, and United States Department of Agriculture have also had their government paperwork facilitated by US Federal Contractor Registration Case Managers.