UtilityBuilder is designed for individual inventors, entrepreneurs, startups, small businesses and universities that need to quickly draft and file strong, high-quality patent applications to protect their ideas and intellectual property.
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) August 29, 2013
PowerPatent, the company that empowers entrepreneurs and innovators to protect their intellectual property, announces a pre-release sale for UtilityBuilder™, the industry’s most comprehensive utility patent-creation software. Available for Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® OS, inventors can pre-order UtilityBuilder at a special pre-release price of $499. After its release in December 2013, UtilityBuilder™ will retail for $699.
UtilityBuilder is designed for individual inventors, entrepreneurs, startups, small businesses and universities that need to quickly draft and file strong, high-quality patent applications to protect their ideas and intellectual property. This powerful, expert-driven software guides entrepreneurs through the entire patent-creation process, enabling them to protect and monetize their intellectual property with the most powerful form of IP protection, the utility patent application.
Time is not on the inventor’s side
The America Invents Act (H.R. 1249) makes it more important than ever for inventors, startups, and small businesses to establish patent protection. In a major change, the law moves the critical invention of an idea from “first to invent” to “first inventor to file” — making it crucial that an inventor document the date of conception of an idea with an official patent application.
Designed and developed by a team of legal, software, user experience and Web design professionals
Until now, serious inventors looking for professional tools to create a utility patent application budget large sums for their IP legal budget. UtilityBuilder is a complete utility patent development software package that gives inventors and entrepreneurs an easy-to-use, Web-based methodology that facilitates the creation of a strong utility patent application by provide detailed context sensitive examples for inventors to follow. On top of the highly customized patent samples for drafters to follow, UtilityBuilder applies best IP practices and processes developed by a team of legal, software, user experience and Web design professionals led by Bao Tran, an experienced patent attorney, MBA, and software engineer based in Silicon Valley, California.
“What frustrates inventors and small businesses is the potentially expensive and lengthy process of defining and writing a utility patent application. There’s a clear market need for a professional-level tool that lets inventors take a more active role in the definition of their patent,” said Bao Tran, CEO and founder of PowerPatent, based in Silicon Valley. “We developed UtilityBuilder to answer that need. It goes far beyond what any other solution on the market currently offers. UtilityBuilder guides inventors through the complex process of writing a solid utility patent application that is ready to file with the patent office.”
Vetted by Inventors Associations
The United Inventors Association of America (UIA) thoroughly reviewed UtilityBuilder for its benefit to independent inventors. "It's a powerful piece of software and an extremely useful tool for inventors trying to file affordable but effective patent protection. We’re proud to have helped guide its entry into the inventor community and know our members will find it to be a cost effective, intuitive, and valuable tool.” says Mark Reyland, executive director of the UIA.
Collaborations with Patent Attorneys Optimize Cost and Quality
PowerPatent advocates that users collaborate with patent attorneys to generate superior quality patent applications. Companies such as 3D Fabrication Technologies, Sonar Medical, and MIBA Medical have been testing early versions of UtilityBuilder and have found savings of about $5,000 per patent application, even after patent attorney review costs are accounted for.
UtilityBuilder captures information, diagnoses and generates a ready-to-file utility patent application
1. Get organized: UtilityBuilder uses “how-to” guides that prompt the user to construct the application correctly. This easy-to-follow approach guides anyone, even those with no patent experience, through the application process.
2. Claim wizard guidance: A claim wizard takes the invention summary and graphically sketches the invention for ease of visualizing the essential elements to be claimed. The wizard helps novices generate claims that are required in utility patent applications.
3. Context-specific examples: UtilityBuilder uses the information provided by the inventor to locate and display issued patents so he or she can see how others have described similar subject matter.
4. Add drawings and annotations: Drawings generated by graphics applications or digital photos can be imported, labeled and annotated to highlight important aspects of the invention.
5. Edit and refine: The user can update and edit a patent with the built-in word processor or export it to Microsoft® Word.
6. Built-in error checking: Before filing, UtilityBuilder double-checks the application for accuracy and helps catch any errors or omissions so the application can be filed with confidence. Claim support, antecedent basis, and connectivity are checked to minimize rejections and objections during prosecution at the patent offices.
7. Format for filing: When the patent is complete, UtilityBuilder generates a complete PDF patent application document that can be electronically filed with the USPTO. Alternatively, the application can be printed and filed with the USPTO using regular mail.
8. Password-protection: All patent information is stored locally on the user’s computer. A personal password can be chosen to protect this information.
Pricing and compatibility
UtilityBuilder is available direct from the PowerPatent web site: http://www.powerpatent.com. For a limited time, PowerPatent is offering UtilityBuilder at the low promotional price of $499 until Christmas 2013, a $200 discount off the retail price of $699. Just enter the discount code “UTILBUILDER” at checkout and you will get $200 off immediately.