SUNNYVALE, Calif. (PRWEB) May 13, 2019
Verizon Media’s Yahoo Research (https://research.yahoo.com/) is proud to be an official sponsor for The Web Conference 2019 (https://www2019.thewebconf.org/). The Yahoo Research team builds the breakthroughs that power Verizon Media’s (http://www.verizonmedia.com/) communications, media, search and advertising platforms through the power of innovative technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and more. With brands like Yahoo, HuffPost and TechCrunch, Verizon Media transforms how people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact. Verizon Media’s size and scope make Yahoo Research a unique place for research scientists to redefine what’s possible with data.
At The Web Conference 2019, the Yahoo Research team will present four research papers on understanding sentiment and driving value through data.
Tuesday, May 14 @ 11:45am - 2:00pm
- Inferring Advertiser Sentiment in Online Articles using Wikipedia Footnotes
-Authors: Shaunak Mishra, Aasish Pappu and Narayan Bhamidipati
- Understanding Travel from Web Queries using Domain Knowledge from Wikipedia
- Authors: Chander Iyer and Srinath Ravindran
Wednesday, May 15th @ 2:00 - 3:30pm
- Click Feedback-Aware Query Recommendation Using Adversarial Examples
- Authors: Ruirui Li, Liangda Li, Xian Wu, Yunhong Zhou, Wei Wang
Thursday, May 16th @ 2:00 - 3:30pm
- Enriching News Articles with Related Search Queries
- Authors: David Carmel, Yaroslav Fyodorov, Saar Kuzi, Avihai Mejer, Fiana Raiber and Elad Rainshmidt
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) is headquartered in New York City. The company operates America’s most reliable wireless network and the nation’s premier all-fiber network, and delivers integrated solutions to businesses worldwide. With brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost, the company's media group helps consumers stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. Verizon's corporate responsibility prioritizes the environmental, social and governance issues most relevant to its business and impact to society.