CHICAGO (PRWEB) December 01, 2020
Yello, the leader in early talent acquisition software, today debuted the findings from a recent survey of talent acquisition professionals and students that assessed what’s working – and not working – for virtual campus recruiting.
For more than 3 in 4 survey respondents, the results are positive: virtual campus recruiting is working. But Yello’s research shows that recruiters can improve their results when they get the technology right, leveraging the full range of tools available while using the tactics that students prefer.
Key findings from the survey include:
- Recruiters report more positive results using webinars/livestreams and virtual group interviews, and negative results using virtual career fairs and job boards.
- Recruiters report meeting more candidates using video interviews and virtual group interviews, and fewer candidates using virtual career fairs.
- Video interviews received top ratings from both recruiters and students as the best way to connect, with students also preferring email campaigns and social media posts.
- Recruiters say video interviews, virtual networking events and webinars/interactive events are the three most important factors to improve the virtual candidate experience.
“Video interviews are the most important part of the virtual recruiting process,” added Bartfield. “But recruiters who think outside the box – beyond the virtual career fair – are seeing better overall results when they add webinars, virtual group interviews, email marketing, interview scheduling, social media and more to the virtual process. Taking full advantage of today’s technology platforms that integrate these tasks can help you put the student experience front and center, now and long-term.”
Other findings include:
- Overall, 3 in 4 recruiters say they are seeing positive results from virtual recruiting.
- The vast majority of teams are recruiting virtually – a 500% increase from 2019.
- Nearly half of recruiters are meeting more candidates than previous years.
- Most recruiters plan to increase or sustain their pre-pandemic early talent hiring volume for intern and full-time roles in 2020.
- Nearly half of recruiters say virtual recruiting makes it easier to support diversity recruiting.
- 58% of recruiters say they need to acquire new sources of talent beyond their existing talent pools.
- Nearly 80% of recruiters plan to leverage virtual strategies in Spring 2021, with 30% saying they’ll be exclusively virtual.
- After the pandemic, nearly 2 in 3 recruiters plan to use a mix of virtual and in-person recruiting strategies.
“Today’s recruiters are turning into virtual event experts, thanks to the COVID-19 outbreak. They have to reinvent their strategies in order to find talented students looking for work in this new virtual environment,” says Yello co-founder Dan Bartfield. “Luckily, virtual tools and strategies can help recruiters build a more efficient recruiting process — while meeting more candidates. And Yello’s report shows that even when companies are back on campus, virtual recruiting will be a critical part of the mix, helping companies expand their reach in the future.”
To view the full Virtual Campus Recruiting Benchmark Report, please visit: https://yello.co/resource/white-paper/2020-virtual-campus-recruiting-benchmark-survey/
About Yello’s Virtual Campus Recruiting Benchmark Report:
Yello partnered with Survey Monkey to survey 515 talent acquisition professionals and 1,000 students in the United States. The survey was conducted in October 2020.
Yello’s talent acquisition platform allows the world’s leading brands to deliver personalized candidate experiences to every job seeker, resulting in quality hires and faster fills. The centralized platform is easy to use, enabling recruiters to collaborate with one another to attract and engage top talent. Key hiring statistics provide meaningful insights that lead to more accurate, data-driven decisions while staying on budget. For more information about Yello, visit https://www.yello.co.