Berkeley, CA (PRWEB) October 23, 2014
Berkeley is a dynamic destination, and now it has a new website (http://visitberkeley.com/) with the information, inspiration and functionality to match.
The city’s official travel website enhances engagement with features including an interactive trip builder, free visitors guides in eight languages, hotel and dining reservations, and updated content on the contemporary Berkeley travel scene. The website is designed on a responsive platform for optimal display on all screens, including tablets and smart phones.
“Berkeley is known internationally as the home of the University of California, and our new website burnishes that reputation with content and technology that delivers a compelling impression of Berkeley today,” said Barbara Hillman, president of Visit Berkeley.
New website highlights include:
- My Trip, a custom itinerary building tool with interactive mapping and a social media share option;
- Book Your Stay, to check availability and book lodging through the Visit Berkeley website;
- Guides to Berkeley’s cultural arts scene and an interactive event calendar to see what’s on;
- Dine and Culinary Adventures info on Berkeley’s farm-to-fork restaurants, food artisans and tours, with partner restaurant reservations via Open Table;
- Specials & Deals, offers and values from Visit Berkeley’s partners on a home page rotation;
- Travel Tools, including current weather and downloadable local, regional and state maps;
- Social Media Links to inform and engage in real time. Coming soon: the Berkeley Blog!
“We serve the community as well as out-of-town guests,” notes Ms. Hillman. “The travel resources on our new site are relevant for all Berkeley visitors, and that includes locals. For example, our event calendar is constantly updated to keep everyone informed on what to see and do in Berkeley, whether you live in Northbrae, New York or beyond.”
Dedicated website sections for group travel, meeting planners and news professionals deliver information for these key audiences. The new website, produced by Visit Berkeley and Drozian Webworks, also features updated destination photography throughout.
About Visit Berkeley
Visit Berkeley is the destination marketing organization for Berkeley, Calif. with the mission to cultivate and promote Berkeley as a desirable destination for meetings, conventions, tour groups, leisure travelers and film production. For more information see http://visitberkeley.com/.