We look forward to continuing to explore new and innovative marketing ideas.
Fontana, CA (PRWEB) February 26, 2014
Vista Metals Corp., the world’s largest independent producer of specialty aluminum products, received the 2014 Innovation in Marketing Award presented by the Manufacturers’ Council of the Inland Empire. It was awarded at the 3rd Annual Inland Empire Manufacturers’ Summit on Friday, February 21, in Ontario, California.
Vista Metals was selected for their innovation in marketing. Their program was evaluated based on cost-effectiveness, impact, publicity received, and results. Their presentation, Vista Metals and the Social Media Breakthrough, was shared at the summit and covers the company’s marketing programs and achievements over the last couple of years.
“We are very excited about this award. It is an honor to be recognized for our marketing programs,” said Jasmine Creighton, Marketing and Online Content Coordinator for Vista Metals. “We look forward to continuing to explore new and innovative marketing ideas.”
Below is a brief timeline of the company’s achievements, all highlighted through social media.
- Launch of newly designed website http://www.vistametals.com (which in March of 2013, received the 2013 ADDY® Silver Award for website design by the American Advertising Federation Inland Empire Chapter).
- Launch of KnowlEDGE Center (October 30, 2012)
- Landing of the Mars rover Curiosity (August 07, 2012) – Vista Metals Corp. Thanks JPL and NASA for the Ride (Vista Metals Corp. provided special alloys for the Rover wheel forgings).
- Release of 2013 Company Video – Excellence Always™
- Vista Metals Corp. Featured on Fontana’s Open for Business (Mayor Acquanetta Warren, explores Fontana’s local businesses to showcase their products and services).
- Vista Metals Corp. Wins Best Tweet Photo with “Aluminum into Mars Wheels” (For National Manufacturing Day October 04, 2013).
The presentation also covered Vista Metals’ company events, and community partnerships and outreach. To view additional pictures and the presentation, Vista Metals and the Social Media Breakthrough, visit http://knowledge.vistametals.com/.
The E=mc² Awards are designed to feature innovative solutions, developed by Inland Empire Manufactures. General award categories are defined, but not limited to: resource efficiency, marketing, and workforce. For information on the MCIE Summit and E=mc2 Awards, visit http://mfgcouncilie.com/.
About the Companies
Vista Metals Corp., Vista Metals Georgia, and Vista Progressive Metals are the largest global independent producers of specialty aluminum products. Vista Metals Corp. is located in Fontana, California and Vista Metals Georgia and Vista Progressive Metals are located in Adairsville, Georgia. The companies produce aluminum billet for the hard and soft alloy extrusion industry, cast and scalped billet for the forging industry, slab for rolling applications, precision tooling plate, and mold plate products. Visit: http://www.vistametals.com.
The Manufacturers’ Council of the Inland Empire (MCIE) was founded in 2005. Programming is designed to help manufacturers find solutions for issues including: employment and training, research, regulatory compliance, import and export, and funding. The Council provides a strong, unified voice when communicating with regional, state and national entities on issues impacting the region.