VoIP Supply's company mission is to "do well, so that we can do good for others." - Ben Sayers, VoIP Supply CEO
Buffalo, NY (PRWEB) May 16, 2014
VoIP Supply, North America's leading VoIP solutions provider, is announcing today the company's self-described "Year of Giving" to give back to their local Buffalo and Western New York community.
Based in Amherst, NY, VoIP Supply is a Certified B Corporation (B Corp) committed to running a sustainable business with higher standards of social and environmental performance.
"We like to be an example to our fellow local businesses," said Ben Sayers, CEO of VoIP Supply. "VoIP Supply puts people ahead of profits and that hasn't hurt us; we've proven that a company can still be successful while acting responsibly."
"Mostly I'm proud that our people share VoIP Supply's vision by donating their time and helping out local charities," said Sayers.
The company's charitable efforts have been underway since the beginning of the year and further event participation has been scheduled for the remainder of 2014 including:
- E-Scrap for Camp: VoIP Supply a designated electronic recycling drop-off site to benefit Camp Good Days, helping kids with cancer.
- Friends of the Night People: Employees volunteered during business hours to help at the Urban Diner, a dignified soup kitchen serving Buffalo's East Side neighborhoods.
- Meals on Wheels: Every Tuesday morning in May, teams of two employees deliver meals to North Buffalo residents in need.
- Shoe Donation: In-house shoe donation aiding a local church's collection drive to benefit small business ventures in developing countries while keeping old shoes out of local landfills.
- Hospice Buffalo: Team entry in the Hospice Memorial Walk to raise money for Hospice patients in Buffalo.
- Hearts for the Homeless: Volunteer group to help this mobile soup kitchen that provides food and clothing for the poor and homeless in Buffalo.
- Buffalo VA: Effort to help the Buffalo VA Medical Center.
- United Way Day of Caring 2014: VoIP Supply volunteers will pitch in to help out at the various events on the upcoming annual Day of Caring.
In its 12-year history, VoIP Supply has always donated to local charities including a recurring $1.98 donation to Buffalo City Mission, the cost of one meal, for every order placed by customers.
However, the good deeds have not always benefited from a coordinated effort that was inclusive of everyone's abilities within the organization. "Our company goal is to give back at least once a month, doing something great throughout the entire year which allows everyone at VoIP Supply the opportunity to get involved," said Paula Griffo, President and CFO of VoIP Supply.
VoIP Supply's mission, as Sayers has said before, is to "do well, so that we can do good for others."
For more information about VoIP Supply volunteer efforts, please call 800-398-8647.
About VoIP Supply
We are a place of uncovering, cultivating and developing leaders. A world class place to work with big goals, a clear vision, defined purpose and a dedicated team of passionate business professionals. We love what we do and do it better than any of our competition.
Since 2002, VoIP Supply has been the leading supplier of VoIP equipment and complete VoIP solutions in North America. We are known in the industry as responsive and knowledgeable VoIP product experts.
With everything you need for VoIP, VoIP Supply has grown rapidly throughout the years. VoIP Supply is a three-time Inc. 500/5000 honoree, listed by Business First as one of WNY’s Most Admired Companies, as well as one of Western New York's Best Places to Work for many consecutive years, including 2012. VoIP Supply is also the first Certified B Corporation in Western New York.