NETBOX is an innovative new enclosure range that provides a modern solution for some rapidly expanding market sectors.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) November 27, 2013
OKW has launched NET-BOX – a sleek new range of innovative wall mount enclosures for control and data applications.
These modern and attractive ABS and PC enclosures feature an inset cable connection panel – hiding unsightly connectors under the removable front lid.
The flat design of the new NET-BOX series gives designers plenty of scope for installing a wide range of electronics assemblies, displays and large-volume connectors.
NET-BOX’s design touches include a curved top section which can be fitted with LEDs, displays and switches.
Applications for NET-BOX include data acquisition systems, central control units, measuring and control, data systems engineering and medical technology.
NET-BOX features a large area on the underside for mounting interfaces and connectors between the left and right hand mounting legs. The connectors are elegantly hidden by the ergonomic front lid which also conceals the wall mounting screws.
But the connectors always remain accessible – reducing the time required for installation and maintenance work.
NET-BOX consists of three individual components: a bottom section (and optional infill cover) in Lava Gray (NCS S 7502-B) plus a top cover and front lid, both in Light Gray (RAL 7035).
These robust, durable enclosures can be used for outdoor applications, thanks to the V0 ASA+PC material used. IP65 protection is available by specifying an optional sealing kit.
NET-BOX plastic enclosures are available in three different sizes. Prices start at $32:
- 5.51" (140 mm) x 5.51" (140 mm) x 1.83" (46.5 mm)
- 7.08" (180 mm) x 7.08" (180 mm) x 1.91" (48.5 mm)
- 8.66" (220 mm) x 8.66" (220 mm) x 1.99" (50.5 mm).
An optional infill cover makes it possible to create an additional compartment either for greater installation volume, to protect the connections or simply to visually close the bottom part of the enclosure.
PCBs can be housed in both the top and bottom sections. Each has the appropriate attachment domes.
Wall mounting the housings is very easy. First the bottom section is attached to the wall at three points. Then the top cover and lid are bolted to the bottom using stainless steel tamper-proof Torx screws.
NET-BOX electronics cases can also be used as desktop units. Non-slip feet are available as accessories.
OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, said: “NETBOX is an innovative new enclosure range that provides a modern solution for some rapidly expanding market sectors. We’re sure it will prove to be highly popular.”
Customization options include custom colors, silk screen and tampo printing, surface finishing, digital printing, membrane keypads, milling, drilling, tapping, punching, RFI shielding, assembly and installation.
Features of NET-BOX wall mounted enclosures:
- Modern and elegant housings for wall mounted control units, network nodes, medical devices, access control terminals and much more
- Stylish curved top section which can be fitted with LEDs, displays and switches
- Inset panel on the underside provides discreet mounting for all the connections including RJ45, RS232, HDMI, USB, power inlets
- Connectors and cables are hidden under the front lid
- Simple three-part assembly – bottom section, front cover and front lid. There are no visible fixing screws on the front, just two on the underside of the lid
- Screw pillars are provided for mounting PCBs and assemblies
- Optional infill covers close the underside opening and can be used for fitting additional PCBs or assemblies
- Three-point wall mounting system – no need to open the main electronics section, only the front lid has to be refitted after installation
- Supplied with anti-tamper Torx T10 assembly screws
- Materials – ABS and PC (UL 94 V-0)
- Standard Colors – top cover and lid, Light Gray (RAL 7035); bottom section and infill cover, Lava Gray (NCS S 7502-B)
- Protection Class – IP65 (with optional sealing kit).
- Accessories – infill cover, IP65 sealing kit, non-slip feet, PCB screws, T10 screwdriver.
NET-BOX is one of 16 ranges of wall mounted enclosures available from OKW.
OKW also designs and manufactures handheld and desktop enclosures plus specialist housings for laboratory equipment and other instruments.
For more information, view the OKW website or contact OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes for Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES, INC.
Abele Business Park
3000 Old Pond Road
Tel. 800 965 9872
Tel. 412 220 9244
Fax. 412 220 9247