It definitely has that classic character, it sounds great! You really can't beat this for the price. ~ Recording Studio Tips & Reviews
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) June 08, 2016
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom, large-core Cinemag input and output transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell, considered by many to be the world’s finest.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic optical tube compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A type circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
Releasing the WA-2A would be for nothing if we couldn’t make it affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio we have strived to give an unprecedented value to our customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything we do, and every product we offer.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers
- Utilizes USA-made Kenetek opto-cell
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix Tubes: 2x 12AX7, 1x 12BH7, 1x 6P1
- Fully discrete, class A signal path
- Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hipass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = -74dB
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release
- 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
- Weight - 12 lbs
REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS
"It definitely has that classic character, it sounds great! You really can't beat this for the price."
~ Recording Studio Tips & Reviews
"The WA-2A is an excellent and excellently priced recreation of a classic tube opto compressor, which offers both natural-sounding compression and the pleasing effect of tubes and transformers."
~Sound On Sound
"I must add... in a song that is so involved instrumentation-wise, the Warm Audio WA-2A allows the Lead Vocal to finally have a happy spot in the song. It no longer has to battle and fight the other frequencies and instrumentation to be heard. The WA-2A now gives the vocal its own space in the track where it is nice and strong and sits perfect!"
~ Michael Lattanzi, Lattitude Studio South, Nashville TN
QUICK LINK TO WA-2A
This highly anticipated product is now shipping world-wide! The WA-2A is a recreation of the classic '2A opto compressor at an affordable price.
OTHER WARM AUDIO PRODUCTS
EQP-WA - Pultec Style Tube EQ - MSRP $699.00
WA76 - Discrete Compressor - MSRP $599.00
TB12 "Tone Beast" - Tone Shaping Microphone Preamp - MSRP $599.00
TB12 "Tone Beast" 500 Series - Tone Shaping Microphone Preamp - MSRP $549.00
WA12 - Discrete Microphone Preamp - MSRP $449.00
WA12 500 Series - Discrete Microphone Preamp - MSRP $399.00