Technological proliferation and increased use of bio-based raw materials is expected to drive market over the forecast period
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) November 25, 2014
Increasing consumer preference towards high performance and comfortable apparels is expected to fuel the global waterproof breathable textiles market. Rise in demand for sportswear is also expected to positively impact the market growth over the next few years. As entry barriers in terms of technology and capital investment are considerably low, the market attracts several participants, particularly small and medium-sized businesses. Thus the market is highly fragmented and characterized by intense competition and price pressures.
Comfort remains to be the key driving force for consumers in this industry. The textile’s moisture handling properties during intense physical activities are considered to be a major factor in the comfort performance. The market offers wide avenues for applications across military & defense, outdoor wear and personal protective equipment (PPE). Owing to an increase in leisure activities the need for right outfit for relevant sport activities is necessary, which in turn has spurred the waterproof breathable textiles market. As per manufacturer’s perspective, textiles that are waterproof as well as breathable may account for a premium price, thereby attracting investments in this market. Therefore, with technology evolution, companies such as Mitsui, Marmot and Toray industries have entered the market, in competition with leading market players such as Gore-Tex.
For more information on Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market Research Report, visit – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Textile made from synthetic raw materials cause many health hazards owing to which the industry is shifting its focus towards development of bio-based raw materials as they offer more comfort as against other textiles produced from petroleum derived raw materials.
- The global waterproof breathable textiles market is expected to witness growth over the forecast period, with these products becoming increasingly high-tech due to silicon-based and plasma technologies.
- Emergence of new fibers, new fabrics and innovative process technologies has also positively impacted the market growth. Furthermore, the market offers wider profit margins and low entry barriers as compared to other sectors in textile industry.
- On account of low costs of production and expanding end-user markets, Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as a leading regional market over the forecast period.
- Key market participants include Gore-Tex, Jack Wolf Skin, Raintex Membrane Technology Co., Ltd and Pennine Outdoor Ltd. Perception regarding lack of innovation in waterproof breathable textiles may negatively impact its long-term development. Thus, ensuring continuous development of innovative products and communicating its benefits to the end-users pose to a challenge to the industry participants. For instance, manufacturers may emphasize on making waterproof breathable textiles more functional by integrating chemical resistance, antibacterial properties or odor elimination.
To request TOC of Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market Research Report, visit – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry/request-toc
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Grand View Research