Surging demand for bio-based fabrics expected to favorably impact the market over the forecast period.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) January 26, 2015
The Global Waterproof Breathable Textiles market will reach USD 1.73 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing preference towards high-performance as well as comfortable apparel will drive market growth over the forecast period. Additionally, rising consumer disposable income and growing fitness awareness will favorably impact waterproof breathable textiles market growth. The global market has become technologically advanced as a result of plasma and silicon-based technologies. Increasing use of recycled PET bottles to manufacture Waterproof Breathable fabrics is also expected to fuel global market growth.
Browse full research report on Global Waterproof Breathable Textiles (WBT) Market at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry
Changes in consumer interest or consumer preferences in outdoor activities may pose a challenge to waterproof breathable textile market growth. In addition, changes in fashion trends may also have a great impact on product demand. The market is characterized by certain risks as the business requires companies to anticipate consumer preferences, as decision about product designs are often made in advance to consumer acceptance, which may hamper market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The membranes will be a high growth segment over the forecast period owing to their ability to provide protection from UV-radiation, airborne pollutants and temperature variations.
- On account of surging demand for Waterproof Breathable textiles in active sportswear, garments will remain the dominant segment over the forecast period. Waterproof Breathable textiles offer high performance which makes them popular among consumers.
- Waterproof Breathable textiles demand in the active sportswear segment may result in the rise of demand for antimicrobial, antiviral, dirt/stain/dew resistant fabrics.
- Europe was the largest regional market in 2013, and accounted for over 30% of the global market in the same year. Presence of several key industry players will fuel regional market growth over the forecast period.
- Key market players include W. L. Gore & Associates, eVent (General Electric), Polartec and SympaTex. Industry participants focus on offering environmentally viable products that are recyclable, PTFE-free and PFC-free. W. L. Gore & Associates were the market leader in 2013. The company emphasizes on maintaining a tight control over its manufacturing process for all products in which its fabric was used, ensuring quality and creating entry barriers.
More Insights about Waterproof Breathable Textiles (WBT) Market at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global Waterproof Breathable textiles market on the basis of textile, product, application and region:
Waterproof Breathable Textile Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Densely Woven
Waterproof Breathable Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
Waterproof Breathable Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Active Sportswear
Waterproof Breathable Textile Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. Is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies, ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Grand View Research