Break-ins are stirring up fear in many neighborhoods. Something needs to be done to stop this trend and to prevent it from happening in the future.
Howard Beach, Queens, NY (PRWEB) April 07, 2014
A recent CBS news report from March 28, 2014 (source: CBS New York, http://cbsloc.al/1jnHYkD) says Howard Beach, Queens residents are on edge after a recent escalation in home break-ins that has stirred the neighborhood. Now, the City is taking action.
In fact, the NYPD has increased patrols in the area with marked and unmarked cars after 10 or more break-ins were recently reported. The NYPD has now set up a command post and 30 or more uniformed officers have been sent to Howard Beach (source: Queens Chronicle, April 4, 2014, http://bit.ly/1fWhw0Y)
“Residents are terrified. Break-ins are stirring up fear in the neighborhood and causing unneeded ‘panic’ in many families. Something needs to be done to stop this trend and to prevent it from happening in the future,” says Matt DiMicco, Owner of Total Security Integrated Systems.
The Howard Beach burglaries have been taking place during the day with thieves entering through windows, side doors and even a front door in at least one reported case. Items including money, jewelry, safes and electronics were targeted. Thankfully, no injuries have been reported.
With these thefts mounting and people’s safety at risk, Total Security suggests the following seven Howard Beach security tips to protect your home and your loved ones:
1. Keep your burglar alarms on. If you do not have one, it’s highly recommended to install one.
2. Put signage, security decals in windows and security lawn signs to deter thieves.
3. Do not open the door unless you know for sure who it is. Consider installing a video intercom.
4. Install an affordable, but well placed home security camera system both on the exterior and interior of your home to help deter and catch thieves.
5. Keep lights on in the house and any exterior flood lights on as well.
6. If you see someone suspicious in your area, do not handle the situation yourself. Call the local police and stay inside your home.
7. Finally, residents can call a professional Howard Beach security camera company, such as Total Security Integrated Systems at (516) 775-2304. An evaluation of all of your home security systems needs will identify the optimal security camera system to install.
“Staying proactive is the best thing to do in times like this. Don’t give thieves any indication that you have any easy access points,” says Matt DiMicco.
Total Security says it has security technicians on standby ready to assist residents of Howard Beach. Residents can fill out the contact form on the following link to get an evaluation scheduled: http://www.totalsecurityny.com/contact-us.
About Total Security:
Total Security is a full-service, business security camera systems and residential security camera systems installation company for the New York Tri-State area. They specialize in professional security camera installations, video surveillance cameras, GPS tracking, access control, intercoms and biometrics. Total Security is Rated “A” by the BBB and is recognized by customers as a top NYC security camera company.