WiFi is all around us. It makes no sense to pay a carrier a premium for 24x7 access to the cellular network when it’s easier than ever to power your phone on WiFi most of the day.
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) March 24, 2017
WiFi Calling innovator Republic Wireless will soon add the latest version of the highly popular mid-tier Motorola G Series – the Moto G5™ PLUS – to its rapidly growing portfolio of Android smartphones. The no contract carrier will sell the 32GB device for $229 and the 64GB device for $299.
Sporting a stylish precision-crafted metal design – a first for the Moto G line – and all day battery life, the Moto G5 PLUS also has the most advanced camera in its class.
- Stylish high-grade aluminum casing
- Stunning photos with a quick capture auto-focusing camera
- Power efficiency with an all-day battery; and hours of power in just minutes of charging with TurboPower™ charging[i]
- Powerful performance with octa-core processor
- Unlock phone instantly with a fingerprint reader
- Water repellent coating water-repellent[ii] coating to protect phone inside and out.
“Republic is all about technology innovation that offers consumers better value for their hard earned money,” said Chris Chuang, chief executive officer, Republic Wireless. “WiFi is all around us. It makes no sense to pay a carrier a premium for 24x7 access to the cellular network when it’s easier than ever to power your phone on WiFi most of the day.”
“Over the past year, we have rapidly expanded the Android™ smartphones that we offer our customers so there are multiple phones for every budget; and we are always adding new phones that we can support via our Bring Your Own Phone program. We are quite excited to add the stylish Moto G5™ PLUS. It’s a very popular phone series with our customers given its compelling price point and the higher-end features for the money,” Chuang said.
- 5.2” Full HD (1080 x 1920) IPS
- Android™ 7.0 Nougat®
- High sensitivity fingerprint sensor with multi finger recognition for enhanced security
- 32GB ROM / 2GB RAM ($229) and 64GB ROM/4GB RAM ($299)
- 12MP dual pixel camera and 5MP front camera with a wide-angle lens
- Scratch protection with Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- 3000 mAH long lasting battery
- Processor: Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 | Processor Speed: 2.0 Ghz octa-core
The Moto G5 PLUS at Republic comes loaded with Adaptive Coverage™ that blends WiFi with cellular to create expanded network coverage for consumers that is less expensive to operate. The Clear Choice Plans pass these savings on to customers in the form of being 40%-60% less expensive than comparable plans from the big carriers.
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data /$15 a month
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data + 1G Cellular Data / $20 a month
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data + 2G Cellular Data / $30 a month
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data + 4G Cellular Data / $45 a month
Note: While Republic’s marketing focus will be on the $15-$45/month price range, which addresses the needs of the vast majority of US subscribers, plans with up to 10GB of monthly cellular data are available.
About Republic Wireless
Recognized for excellence in customer service by PC Magazine and as a top pre-paid carrier choice by Consumer Reports, Republic Wireless is on a mission to provide remarkably simple and affordable ways to stay in touch with anyone, anywhere, in any way. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Republic Wireless leverages the power of both WiFi and cellular networks and gives consumers the ultimate flexibility to manage costs. The service uses WiFi in the home, office or anywhere else as the primary network for calls, texts and data. When outside of WiFi coverage, the smartphone works just like a typical smartphone on the cellular networks of national carriers. Visit http://www.republicwireless.com/ for more information. Media resource center here.
For customer assistance please email help(at)republicwireless(dot)com from your Republic Wireless account email.
For great training materials and how to’s please visit Republic’s blog Phone. Wallet. Keys. Or the Republic Wireless Community at https://community.republicwireless.com/welcome
[i] Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average user profile that includes both usage and standby. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, voice, data, and other application usage patterns.
[ii] Advanced nano-coating technology creates a water repellent barrier to help protect against moderate exposure to water such as accidental spills, splashes or light rain. Not designed to be submersed in water, or exposed to pressurized water, or other liquids. Not waterproof.