PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) October 22, 2021
PhillyCIO announced the winners of its 2021 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. PhillyCIO recognized chief information officers in seven key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Large Corporate, Corporate, & Healthcare. The PhillyCIO ORBIE Awards were presented virtually.
“The PhillyCIO ORBIE winners demonstrate the significance of strong technology leadership in these uncertain times. Over the past year, CIOs are leading in unprecedented ways and enabling the largest work-from-home experiment in history,” according to Laurie Kimbell, Executive Director of PhillyCIO. “The ORBIE Awards are meaningful because they are judged by peers - CIOs who understand how difficult this job is and why great leadership matters.”
The 2021 PhillyCIO ORBIE Award winners are:
- Rick Rioboli, EVP & CIO, Comcast received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Mike Wondrasch, EVP, CIO & Head of Enterprise Shared Services, Avantor received the Global ORBIE for organizations over $6 billion annual revenue & multi-national operations.
- Kelly Lyman, CIO, PECO received the Large Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue.
- Sankha Ghosh, EVP & CIO, Dollar Financial Corporation received the Enterprise ORBIE for organizations over $600 million annual revenue.
- Kelly Kleinfelder, CIO & SVP, SDI Inc., received the Large Corporate ORBIE for organizations over $200 million annual revenue.
- Rick Lindberg, VP & CIO, ASTM International received the Corporate ORBIE for organizations up to $200 million annual revenue.
- Dr. R. Hal Baker, SVP, CDO & CIO, WellSpan Health received the Healthcare ORBIE for hospitals and healthcare organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 1,800 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 400 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The PhillyCIO ORBIE Awards keynote was delivered by James Dallas, Two-Time ORBIE Winner and Former CIO of Georgia Pacific. Over 350 guests attended virtually, representing leading Philadelphia organizations and their technology partners.
The 2021 PhillyCIO ORBIE Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Cigniti, Google Cloud & Lumen
- Gold sponsors: Comcast Business, Fortinet, Pluralsight, & Tavant
- Silver sponsors: ConvergeOne, Disruptive Innovations, FPT, Mobiquity, Navigate, SAP, Sify, & The Judge Group
- Bronze sponsors: Between Pixels, CDW, Cognizant Microsoft Business Group, CoreBTS, Crystal Technologies, Dell Technologies, Deloitte, Engine Room Technology, firstPRO, HCL, Infosys, Insource, Publicis Sapient, ServiceNow, TIBCO, West Monroe Partners, & Zscaler
- National partner: Year Up
- Media partner: Philadelphia Business Journal
›› About PhillyCIO
PhillyCIO is the preeminent peer leadership network of Philadelphia chief information officers. PhillyCIO is one of 21 chapters of the InspireCIO Leadership Network, a national membership organization comprised exclusively of CIOs from public and private businesses, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit institutions.
PhillyCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board, supported by an executive director and staff. Underwriter executives ensure programs remain non-commercial and exclusive to qualified CIOs and members.