WINTERGREEN, Va (PRWEB) August 27, 2014
Wintergreen Resort’s Fab Four Fall Foliage vacation packages offer guests some eye-popping incentives during the most colorful season of the year.
Quite possibly the “Leaf Peeping Capital of the Blue Ridge Mountains,” the four-season destination resort adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway has a variety of amenities on its 11,000 acres, which come alive with the vibrant hues that envelop the region each autumn.
Wintergreen offers outdoor adventures for all ages, with the fall an ideal time for hiking multiple well-marked mountain trails, such as the Old Appalachian Trail, and guided hikes led by The Wintergreen Nature Foundation. Besides two resort-quality golf courses and an award-winning tennis center, Wintergreen also is popular for its family activities, including the Zipline, tubing, and the Discovery Ridge Adventure Center (climbing wall, trampoline).
Golfers particularly enjoy the fall season at Wintergreen’s mountaintop Devils Knob Golf Course, noting that the only thing better than playing Devils Knob in August is playing Devils Knob in October. And to mix it up, play the resort’s Stoney Creek course, along the Rockfish Valley floor.
Wintergreen’s selection of accommodations includes 230 villa-style condominiums and rental homes, from studio suites to seven-bedroom homes, each offering fully equipped kitchen, and comfortable living area, most with fireplaces and a balcony or deck.
The new Fab Four Fall Foliage overnight packages all have their own special features:
- Stay & Play Package is for golfers, with two enjoyable golf courses (45 holes), carts and practice range access. The scenery at Devils Knob Golf Course is particularly spectacular during the fall.
- Mountaintop Romance Package includes $75 spa service credit, champagne and chocolates. Don’t forget to bring bathing suits and enjoy the hot tubs and therapeutic pools.
- Spa Escape focuses on health and wellness, plus a little TLC, for individuals and groups at the Spa at Wintergreen. The serenity lounge, with its inspiring views of the mountains, is hard to leave.
- Extended Stay Free Package allows guests to stay an extra night free when you reserve two or three nights – which is especially nice because once you enjoy the fall at Wintergreen, you won’t want to leave!
A pair of fall fairs is on the Wintergreen calendar and promise to liven up the resort community:
- ChillyFest (Oct. 3-5) heats up the action at Wintergreen just before the winter “chill” arrives. Enjoy savory chilies to fill family-size appetites plus plenty of activities such as pumpkin carving and painting, chairlift rides and family movie night.
- Harvest Fest (Oct. 17-19 & Oct. 24-26) celebrates the season on two fabulous weekends filled with “leaf peeping” opportunities and Halloween fun with “Spooktacular” activities for all ages.
For more information or to book a reservation call 888-329-5828 or visit http://www.wintergreenresort.com.
# # #
About Wintergreen Resort: Wintergreen Resort is an 11,000-acre, four-season resort located in the Blue Ridge Mountains southwest of Charlottesville, Va. This beautiful hideaway is the ultimate vacation and conference spot, nearly 230 condominium-style accommodations; 45 holes of championship golf; snow skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing; an award-winning tennis program; a full-service, destination spa; 40,000 square feet of meeting and event space; and savory dining options. The resort is located adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway in beautiful central Virginia near Charlottesville, just 90 minutes from Richmond, Va., three hours from Washington, D.C. and Raleigh, N.C., five and a half hours from Philadelphia, and eight hours from Atlanta. For more information, guests can call 888-329-5828 or visit the resort’s web site at http://www.wintergreenresort.com.