"We have taken the concept of cleaning, that was thorough enough to help us achieve 36 consecutive AAA Four Diamond awards, and invested time, energy and money into making it even better,” said Ed Weibrecht, Mirror Lake Inn owner.
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. (PRWEB) June 29, 2020
Cleanliness and friendliness, the hallmarks of the Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa in Lake Placid for over 40 years, are back on display once again as the iconic lodging property started welcoming guests for full-time service on June 26. The Inn just completed soft openings over the weekends of June 12-14 and June 19-21.
The AAA Four Diamond property, offering an authentic Adirondack experience, felt a moral and civic responsibility to do their part in flattening the curve and therefore made the decision to temporarily shut down the resort on March 16. But now, as Upstate New York advances through the state’s four phases of reopening, the staff’s friendliness has started greeting guests once again with open arms. When those visitors now walk through the doors, they notice an elevated level of cleanliness that is noteworthy.
“With the health and safety of our staff and guests uppermost on our minds, we have taken the concept of cleaning, that was thorough enough to help us achieve 36 consecutive AAA Four Diamond awards, and invested time, energy and money into making it even better,” said Ed Weibrecht, Mirror Lake Inn owner. “The past three months have landed us in a completely new and different world thanks to COVID-19. But our guests can rest assured that since March 16 when we closed, we have researched new methods and invested in state-of-the-art hospital-grade cleaning equipment. Equally as important, we have made a commitment to everyone who enters our resort, be they visitors or staff, that they should have the utmost confidence in our consideration of their health.”
In conjunction with the Inn’s return to daily operation, the Northern region of New York is set to enter phase four, also on June 26. To mark the “welcome back”, the Mirror Lake Inn is offering several new packages for stays through December 20, 2020.
- Stay four nights and get the fifth night free. This deal is applicable for all room types.
- Stay 14 consecutive nights or more and receive 50 percent off the nightly rate.
These offers must be booked directly with the hotel. Please call the onsite reservations team at 518-523-2544. They will help you make the best decision for your group or family, and can inform you of the myriad of activities that you can enjoy while in Lake Placid.
For a complete listing of Mirror Lake Inn packages, please log on to: https://mirrorlakeinn.com/our-packages/
The luxury seven-acre property offers 130 units all overlooking Mirror Lake and the Adirondack High Peaks. The “single-loaded” construction and design concept of the magnificent resort naturally lends itself to better social distancing as there are less guests in the hallways than traditional lodging properties where rooms are placed on both sides of the corridor. No other Adirondack region hotel is designed in this manner.
With health and safety front and center, here’s what guests and hotel staff can expect when they enter the Inn:
- As per the Governor’s executive order of May 29, all guests and employees are required to wear face coverings when in indoor common areas including hallways and elevators or wherever social distancing is not possible.
- Hospital-grade Ultraviolet-C disinfecting tools have been deployed throughout the property to ensure the highest levels of cleaning and disinfection. This will continue.
- Hospital-grade Electrostatic sprayers have been used to ensure the most thorough levels of disinfection on high touchpoint areas. This will also continue.
- Remote check-in capabilities are being implemented via a smartphone app, allowing you to check in from your vehicle upon arrival, avoiding the traditional check in process.
- A task force has been created to monitor the situation and work in conjunction with CDC and local officials to ensure safety protocols are implemented and maintained throughout the resort.
- All staff will undergo thermal imaging prior to the start of every shift.
- All staff will complete a state mandated health and safety questionnaire prior to every shift.
- Any staff member registering a fever greater than 100.4, or who is unable to positively answer the verbal portion of the health and safety screening, will be unable to come on property until cleared by a healthcare professional.
- All staff will wear PPE equipment while working in common areas or wherever social distancing is impractical.
- Maximum hotel occupancy has been reduced to 75 percent.
- Whenever practical, guest rooms will be left vacant for 72 hours for a potential virus to die without a host after each guest departure.
To review the entirety of the Inn’s new policies and protocols, please log on to: https://mirrorlakeinn.com/covid-19-safety/
The pandemic has also resulted in a change to the dining scene inside the Mirror Lake Inn. The View Restaurant, AAA Four Diamond rated the past 13 consecutive years, has been re-imagined and enlarged with greater spacing as part of the new safety measures. The redesign includes hardwood flooring to facilitate better cleaning and sanitation.
Taste Bistro has now been integrated into The View with the bistro’s most popular items to be found on The View’s menu. The end result will present guests with the best of both worlds: a combination of upscale dining and elegant comfort food. Taste’s footprint has become The View Lounge. The hip Cottage Café, on the shore of Mirror Lake, continues to welcome diners and revelers for its 43rd year. The Cottage presents both indoor and outdoor settings, and now features yet a third and fourth open air options to complement its deck and patio. For added service and efficiency, the Inn is implementing “to-go” apps for these restaurants, allowing guests to order and pre-pay electronically from their own device.
The spa and salon are also ready to welcome guests. A physical barrier has been inserted at the check-in desk. Treatment schedules have been altered to ensure ample time for cleaning and disinfecting treatment surfaces between customers. Equipment in the fitness room will also be cleaned and disinfected between guest use. Manicures and pedicures will be limited to one at a time, although booking as a safe group is permissible. The policy is similar for the gift shop. In high traffic areas of the spa/salon, social distance markers have been put in place.
“We are insisting on these protocols for the safety of our guests, employees and the local community,” continued Weibrecht. “Until such time as we, in conjunction with the State of New York, determine that it is prudent to relax these protocols, we will strictly adhere to them and look forward to a time when we might be able to lift those protocols.”
About the Mirror Lake Inn
The AAA Four Diamond Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa is a luxury lakefront resort offering an authentic Adirondack experience. The Inn, rated Four Diamond for 36 consecutive years, offers both Four Diamond world-class cuisine and casual dining options, with impeccable service amid awe-inspiring views. Only one other property in New York State (located in Manhattan), has maintained the Four Diamond designation longer than Mirror Lake Inn. It is the only property in Lake Placid that combines Four Diamond lodging and dining. The Inn's renowned Lake Placid spa pampers the body and refreshes the mind with a comprehensive menu of services. The Inn is conveniently located one block from the restaurants and shops on Main Street in Lake Placid.