New York, New York (PRWEB) February 18, 2014
The Sivananda Yoga Retreat announced its international Yoga Teacher training courses for 2014. Programs will take place in March, April and May. For more information, visit http://sivanandabahamas.org/yoga-teacher-training.php.
In 1969, Swami Vishnudevananda, founder of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers, taught the first Yoga Teachers' Training Course (TTC) in the West. Today, this internationally renowned course is taught by his close disciples. Over 30,000 students have graduated from this comprehensive course. In addition to providing teacher trainees with an in-depth knowledge of classic Yoga practices, Swami Vishnu created the TTC as part of his global peace initiative, structuring it in a way that each trainee will undergo a personal transformation and find inner peace. Thus, the Yoga training course empowers graduates to become peaceful, self-controlled leaders and citizens of the world.
- Learn how to teach a 2-hour Sivananda Yoga class while gaining versatile teaching skills including working with beginners, intermediate and advanced classes; explore different techniques to teach children, the elderly, and prenatal Yoga
- Find greater flexibility and comfort in your personal practice of asanas (postures); discover how to energize the body and calm the mind through the practice of pranayama (breathing); maintain physical and mental purity through the practice of kriyas (cleansing); learn about Yogic diet and nutrition; human anatomy & physiology
- Learn about different meditation techniques & theory and the practice of mantra repetition
- Practice selfless service
- Study of the timeless teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and other ancient Yogic texts, Yoga philosophy and Yoga psychology
For more information, please visit sivanandabahamas.org or call 1-866-446-5934 The Yoga retreat also offers Ayurvedic Yoga training as well as a variety of meditation courses.
"Swami Sivananda of Rishikesh taught Yoga-Vedanta, which came to the West through his many disciples like Satchidananda, Vishnudevananda, Ventakeshananda and Jyotirmayananda. The Sivananda Yoga-Vedanta centers founded by Swami Vishnudevananda teach regular programs on Yoga-Vedanta and with references to Ayurveda as well. I have done many programs with this organization and find it to be the best Yoga training group in the west." - Dr. David Frawley