Gas demand for the oil sands sector will account for 4 percent of the total North American gas demand in 2022.
Calgary, Alberta (PRWEB) March 05, 2014
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), today announced the release of its Gas Demand for Alberta Oil Sands to 2022 report. The document analyzes more than 160 existing, under construction, approved, and proposed oil sands developments that require natural gas for oil sands operations. The report provides a forecast of growth in gas demand by major oil sands operators over the next 8 years.
Figure 1 presents a forecast of gas demand growth for Mining and in situ oil sands projects in Alberta, including the Athabasca, Cold Lake, and Peace River regions.
“Gas demand for the oil sands sector will account for 4 percent of the total North American gas demand in 2022,” says Julia Sagidova, Gas Analyst at Ziff Energy, and lead author of the report.
Other recent Ziff Energy reports include:
- North American Gas Ultimate Potential Resource
- North American LNG Exports to 2020
- Growth of North American Natural Gas Demand to 2020
- Western Canada Oil Production Outlook to 2020
- Gas for Power Generation to 2020
- 2012 US and Canadian Gas Reserve Replacement
- Western Canada Natural Gas Production to 2020
- Canadian Gas Exports to 2020
- North American Pipeline Costs
- US Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Associated Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Gas Price Differentials Forecast to 2020
- Henry Hub Gas Price Outlook
- Natural Gas Production Headwinds & Tailwinds
- North American Natural Gas Storage
- Unconventional Natural Gas Demand
- Mexico Natural Gas Outlook to 2020
About Ziff Energy
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), provides upstream performance assessment/improvement and custom consulting to the worldwide energy industry in more than 40 countries, and natural gas consulting services in North America. Solomon is the world’s leading performance improvement company for energy companies seeking to identify and close gaps in operational performance. Combining proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis, and led by a team of oil and gas consultants steeped in hands-on operational experience, Solomon consistently helps clients with energy-intensive assets achieve greater efficiencies, enhanced reliability, and improved margins. Solomon is part of HSB Group, Inc. Learn more about Ziff Energy at http://www.ZiffEnergy.com. For information about Solomon, visit http://www.SolomonOnline.com.