CALGARY, ALBERTA (PRWEB) July 10, 2014
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), today announced the release of its Pipeline Cost report. The report analyzes capital costs for new natural gas transportation infrastructure in Canada, the United States, and Mexico. Ziff Energy’s pipeline cost database incorporates 10 years of assessment data for more than 180 pipelines. The data show that the average estimated pipeline capital cost in 2014 has doubled since 2007.
“The US Northeast is the most expensive region for building new pipelines, with a typical cost 95 percent greater than the North American average,” said Julia Sagidova, Ziff Energy Gas Analyst and report author. “This higher cost is due to higher steel, labor, and construction costs, as well as higher population density. The northeastern region of the US will require huge pipeline infrastructure investments in order to support the growth of low full-cycle cost new natural gas supply in that region.”
Figure 1 shows average North American pipeline capital costs since 2007.
This report and other recent Ziff Energy reports are available for purchase and include:
- Western Canada Natural Gas Production to 2022
- US and Canadian Gas Reserve Replacement for 2013
- North American Gas Ultimate Potential Resource
- North American LNG Exports to 2020
- Growth of North American Natural Gas Demand to 2020
- Western Canada Oil Production Outlook to 2020
- Gas for Power Generation to 2020
- 2012 US and Canadian Gas Reserve Replacement
- Canadian Gas Exports to 2020
- US Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Associated Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Gas Price Differentials Forecast to 2020
- Henry Hub Gas Price Outlook
- Natural Gas Production Headwinds & Tailwinds
- North American Natural Gas Storage
- Unconventional Natural Gas Demand
- Mexico Natural Gas Outlook to 2020
About Ziff Energy
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), provides upstream performance assessment/improvement and custom consulting to the worldwide energy industry in more than 40 countries, and natural gas consulting services in North America. Solomon is the world’s leading performance improvement company for energy companies seeking to identify and close gaps in operational performance. Combining proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis, and led by a team of oil and gas consultants with extensive hands-on operational experience, Solomon consistently helps clients with energy-intensive assets achieve greater efficiencies, enhanced reliability, and improved margins. Solomon is part of HSB Group, Inc. Learn more about Ziff Energy at http://www.ZiffEnergy.com. For information about Solomon, visit http://www.SolomonOnline.com.