By assessing conventional and tight oil-directed activity by these individual unique regions together with oil well initial productivity, Ziff Energy is better able to forecast overall Western Canada oil supply potential.
Calgary, Alberta (PRWEB) August 09, 2013
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), today announced the release of its Western Canada Oil Production Outlook report that forecasts oil production in five regional Western Canada strategies to the year 2020. By assessing conventional and tight oil-directed activity by these individual unique regions together with oil well initial productivity, Ziff Energy is better able to forecast overall Western Canada oil supply potential. The oil production outlook developed for each region within Western Canada creates a solid building block for the overall supply.
Figure 1, illustrating oil production over a two-decade span by type, shows the decline in total conventional and tight oil production to 2009. Since then, horizontal oil well drilling has soared. Ziff Energy forecasts that oil well drilling will remain strong until after 2015 when increasing maturity of existing plays will result in a production slow down. A new crop of tight oil plays could stabilize or grow production to the end of the decade.
Other recent Ziff Energy reports include:
- Gas for Power Generation to 2020
- 2012 US and Canadian Gas Reserve Replacement
- Western Canada Natural Gas Production to 2020
- Canadian Gas Exports to 2020
- North American Pipeline Costs
- US Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Associated Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- North American LNG Exports
- Gas Price Differentials Forecast to 2020
- Henry Hub Gas Price Outlook
- Growth of North American Natural Gas Demand to 2020
- Natural Gas Production Headwinds & Tailwinds
- North American Natural Gas Storage
- Unconventional Natural Gas Demand
- Mexico Natural Gas Outlook to 2020
About Ziff Energy
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), provides upstream performance assessment/improvement and custom consulting to the worldwide energy industry in more than 40 countries, and natural gas consulting services in North America. Solomon is the world’s leading performance improvement company for energy companies seeking to identify and close gaps in operational performance. Combining proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis, and led by a team of oil and gas consultants steeped in hands-on operational experience, Solomon consistently helps clients with energy-intensive assets achieve greater efficiencies, enhanced reliability, and improved margins. Solomon is part of HSB Group, Inc. Learn more about Ziff Energy at http://www.ZiffEnergy.com/. For information about Solomon, visit http://www.SolomonOnline.com.