Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) October 30, 2014
(October 30, 2014) – STA Travel, the world’s largest student and youth travel company, is celebrating it’s 35th birthday by encouraging more travelers to seek adventure with a special ‘35 Years of Adventure Sale’ celebration featuring a series of promotional activities and offers.
To mark this birthday milestone, the company will offer up to 35% percent off travel tours through November 16th. The ‘35 Years of Adventure Sale’ will include deep discounts on select G Adventure tours in Australia, Africa and North America; and 25% off Haggis & Shamrocker Adventures in Scotland, Ireland, England and Wales. For a complete listing of adventure offers, visit http://www.statravel.com/35-years-of-adventure.htm.
“For 35 years we have catered to anyone with a passion for travel, not just students, but young professionals and the young at heart,” said Adam Cooper, Senior Vice President of STA Travel North America. “Our customers tell us what they want and we deliver. Thanks to our partners, we continue to be the go-to travel brand for authentic experiences and adventures around the world for young travelers. As a thank you, we’re offering travelers an opportunity to book exotic adventures at a fraction of the price.”
As part of its 35th birthday initiative, the company is also launching Adventure Scavenger Hunts on campuses across the U.S., hosted by Student Travel Ambassadors at select universities, who will promote STA Travel adventures. Students will be asked to pair-up to complete the scavenger hunt, documenting each completed task by uploading a photo to Twitter (or Instagram), using the hash tags: #35YearsOfAdventure and #STATravelUS. As a bonus, STA Travel will give away two round-trip flights to South America on LAN and TAM Airlines and two round-trip flights on Qatar Airways.
Founded by two Australian students and originally named ‘Aus Travel’, the company renamed itself STA Travel with its first store opening at The University of Melbourne in 1979. Today, the company employs approximately 2,000 people in 17 countries after it expanded globally in 1990. There is a core retail network in 11 countries including Australia, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, United Kingdom and United States. STA Travel’s retail presence spans more than 230 branches.
Over the years, STA Travel has received numerous industry accolades and marked a number of notable milestones:
- STA Travel recently received the Global Youth Travel Award 2014 as the Best Youth Travel Provider at the 23rd World Youth Student Travel Conference (WYSTC) in Dublin, Ireland. STA Travel was recognized for outstanding performance and establishing excellence within the youth, student and educational travel industry.
- STA Travel works with the Foundation for Global Scholars to provide scholarships for outstanding students in the U.S. who are making positive impacts on their communities. Here is more about the partnership: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/4/prweb9376159.htm
- British Education Travel Association’s “Australia Working Holiday Campaign” wins most effective marketing award in 2011.
- STA Travel’s “MOVE” video, part of the “I Want to Know Campaign” won Mumbrella’s ad of the month in September 2011.
- STA Travel won Australasia's Leading Travel Agency award during the 2009 World Travel Awards.
About STA Travel
STA Travel is the youth travel expert enabling students and young adults to explore the world by creating experiences filled with adventure, discovery and personal growth. We send more than 6 million travelers away each year by offering a unique range of products with exclusive discounts on airfare, accommodations, tours, rail passes and more. Globally, we employ approximately 2,000 people in 11 countries and work with franchisees, joint ventures and licensed partners in another 52 countries. Follow us on Twitter @STATravelUS, Instagram: STATravelUS, Facebook: STA Travel and Pinterest: STA Travel. To book your next adventure visit http://www.statravel.com.