Dennis was quick, efficient, and kept me informed. Great job...MJ
Virginia Beach, VA (PRWEB) November 12, 2013
The Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads Military Short Sale Program Timeline video gives the service member an idea what they can expect as the process goes forward.
Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads military members facing PCS order may or may not know that they can short sale their home without pursuit of deficiency judgment. However, most service members do not understand the timeline required to complete the process prior to their PCS transfer.
In most cases, military members do not start the military short sale program early enough to coincide with the PCS transfer. This is especially true when dealing with more than one lender (first mortgage and 2nd lien holder/home equity loan) which can add significant delay to the timeline.
The Military Short Sale Program Timeline video will give the service member a visual breakdown of the many tasks needing completion to ensure a successful closing. With the timeline video the service member can better understand the mantra of “patience-patience-patience” when dealing with this short sale transaction.
Key factors for service members to keep in mind when considering the military short sale program timeline:
- Consult with an experienced Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads military short sale REALTOR® who can answer your questions and has completed successful closings.
- Understand the importance of the Attorney’s office in the military short sale program and how it may affect your credit.
- Watch the military short sale program timeline video to ensure an overall grasp of the process.
- Keep your home ready for showings during the real estate sale process. Be flexible.
- Be cooperative in the process with the REALTOR®, Attorney’s Office, and Lender requests.
- Keep in mind the end goal – waiver of deficiency without pursuit of judgment. Translation: The service member out of the debt with a minimal credit issue.
The Military Short Sale Program Timeline video is an overall guide.
Contact Dennis Blackmore with Creed Realty Virginia Beach, VA (REALTOR®/Agent Owner) for more information and how to get started with the process.