Here you can reference all of our legal terms and policies.
By using PRWeb services, you are governed by the following terms and policies:
Please review our legal news guidelines prior to sending your PRWeb press release:
We operate PRWeb.com in accordance with the following terms and policies:
Some of those websites are listed below:
All references in these TOU to the “Site” are deemed to refer to the website that you are visiting, including all functionality and services available through that website.
Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. You agree to abide by all such laws and regulations, including those relating to intellectual property, defamation, privacy, and the transmission or exportation of data.
You agree that you will not do or assist any third party to do, any of the following:
- interfere with another user's use or enjoyment of the Site;
- other than as explicitly stated herein or as posted elsewhere on the Site, reproduce, distribute, “frame,” “mirror,” “scrape,” republish or retransmit information or content provided by PRWeb or found on the Site without the express prior written permission of PRWeb;
- reproduce, distribute, “frame,” “mirror,” “scrape,” republish or retransmit information or content submitted by another user of any Site without the express permission of the owner of the information or content;
- access the Site through an unauthorized interface or in any other unauthorized manner;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on PRWeb systems or infrastructure;
- modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, or in any way make the Site available through any media to any third party;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to access, search, download, retrieve, index or "data mine" any content or data from the Site, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the content available through the Site;
- interfere with or disrupt the proper working or the security of the Site, or any services or activities conducted on or through the Site, including by "hacking" or defacing any portion of the Site;
- introduce any virus, Trojan horse, time bomb, worm, cancelbot, easter egg or other computer program or programming routine that may damage or interfere with the operation of the Site, any content from the Site, any services or activities conducted on or through the Site, or any system;
- unlawfully intercept any data or confidential or personal information; or
- interfere with or disrupt any network connected to the Site.
You further agree that you will not use the Site to:
- send junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, advertisements, invitations to participate in “pyramid” schemes, or spam;
- generate revenue for any business or commercial purpose;
- misrepresent (by statement or by omission) your identity, credentials, affiliations or experience, or impersonate any person or entity;
- stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person or entity;
- provide material support or resources to, or conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material or resources of, any organization designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
In the course of using the Site, you may submit or disseminate certain information or content, and you may receive or access information or content submitted or disseminated by others. Such information and content typically falls into one of three categories:
- Personal Information– including personal and professional information about yourself or others.
- Content– material generated by you, PRWeb (including its customers and contributors), or a third party, that incorporates information, ideas, graphics, icons, descriptions, data, compilations of data, text, hyperlinks, messages, tags, opinions or other expressions of thought, photographs, still and moving images, drawings, video, sound recordings, musical compositions, audiovisual works or other creative expressions or works.
- Account Information – including all information necessary to establish your user account, such as your username and password, contact information and, in some instances, credit card information.
Throughout these TOU, when we refer to information or content “submitted by you” or “submitted by another Site user,” we are referring to any and all types of information and content submitted, posted, uploaded, displayed, performed, transmitted, disseminated, or otherwise made available, whether on, or through, or in connection with the Site, including: (i) in a user account registration; (ii) in a profile; (iii) in communications (such as queries, alerts, advisories, opportunities or responses to any of the same) transmitted to or through the Site; or (iv) in postings (such as forum, chat room, news group, community or message board and blog postings.
When we refer to information or content “provided by PRWeb,” we are referring to any and all types of information and content submitted, posted, uploaded, displayed, performed, transmitted, disseminated or otherwise made available by PRWeb on the Site other than information and content submitted by you or another Site user, including information and content provided by our employees, moderators, contributors, suppliers and customers, whether on, or through, or in connection with the Site, including: (i) Site content; (ii) articles contributed by our contributors; and (iii) news releases and other information and content issued by our customers.
Regardless of the manner in which Site content is accessed by you, you hereby agree to abide by these TOU with regard to all information and content submitted by you, as well as all information and content submitted by another Site user, and all information and content provided by PRWeb.
Although we may, from time to time, use administrators to monitor the information or content posted by Site users, we cannot and do not monitor or review all information or content that is submitted to or through the Site. Information and content submitted or otherwise provided by users of the Site are the sole responsibility of the user that provided the information or content and you acknowledge that PRWeb is not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, integrity, quality, safety, appropriateness or any other aspect of such information or content, for any links, products or services offered, advertised or provided by any user of the Site, or for any actions of any other user of the Site. If you choose to use or rely on such information or content, you do so solely at your own risk and without any representation or warranty whatsoever from PRWeb, its affiliates or its service providers.
We do not verify, endorse, or vouch for any information or content submitted by Site users, or verify the identity, credentials, affiliations or expertise of Site users. We encourage you to consider carefully the source of all information and content accessed on or through the Site and the factors that may influence or motivate that source, and to be cautious about any and all statements and opinions expressed by Site users.
In using the Site, you accept the risk that you may be exposed to information or content that you find offensive, indecent, dangerous, harmful or otherwise objectionable, and acknowledge that information and content submitted by other Site users are not from and may not reflect the views of PRWeb.
We recommend that you take reasonable precautions with regard to any information or content from other users of the Site that you choose to download (for example, scanning for viruses), and links that you choose to click through. If you choose to receive, copy or download information or content, or click through links, submitted by another user, you do so at your own risk.
You agree not to republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute information or content submitted to the Site by other users, without the prior written approval of the owner of such information or content.
Content available through the Site may contain links to other Internet websites (including links provided by PRWeb on its own behalf or on behalf of PRWeb customers). We neither control nor endorse such other websites, nor have we reviewed or approved any information or content that appears on such other websites. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible for the legality, accuracy, timeliness, quality, safety or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products, services, or information located on or through any other websites, nor for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on any such content. We recommend that you take reasonable precautions with regard to any links that you choose to click through (including any information or content that you choose to download through those links (for example, scanning for viruses)), as you do so at your own risk.
For the purpose of these TOU, we consider any information or content on the Site that is not submitted by you or another Site user to be information and content provided by PRWeb. This includes (i) information and content generated, licensed, or otherwise supplied by PRWeb (including everything from the design elements of the Site to comments, posts and articles contributed by PRWeb's moderators and contributors); and (ii) news releases, photographs and other information and content issued by PRWeb customers.
PRWeb does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, integrity, quality, safety, appropriateness or any other aspect of any information or content provided by PRWeb. Posted information and data may not be complete, timely or accurate, and should not be relied upon. We will, however, use reasonable efforts to correct any error of fact, timing or omission brought to our attention.
You hereby acknowledge that the views expressed by contributors are their own opinions, not the views of PRWeb, and that different contributors may espouse conflicting opinions.
You further acknowledge that issuers of news releases, including those with accompanying images and video, are solely responsible for the facts and accuracy of, and for obtaining all rights to, information and content submitted by them for transmission by PRWeb, and that PRWeb has no liability therefor.
You acknowledge that while information and content on the Site may relate to public companies, securities, commodities, trading or personal investing, no information or content provided on or through the Site (including opinions expressed by PRWeb's moderators and contributors) constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell any particular investment, security, portfolio of securities, or that any transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any particular person. To the extent any of the Site information or content may be deemed to be investment advice, such information is not personalized to the specific investment needs of any particular person. We encourage you to consult an investment professional before making any investment decisions.
Except as otherwise explicitly stated elsewhere on the Site, any stock quotes provided are at least 20 minutes delayed, and are not intended to be relied upon for investment purposes. We do not guarantee the accuracy or integrity of this information. Before selling or buying any investment, you should consult with a qualified broker or other financial professional to verify pricing and other material information.
To the extent that the Site includes a model portfolio or actual portfolio of investments, your actual results may differ from results reported for the portfolio for a variety of reasons, including trading commissions not reflected in the portfolio, and market factors, such as lack of liquidity, timing of purchase, and frequency of trading. Statements of past results are not indicative of future performance
Except with respect to information and content submitted by you, as between you and PRWeb, all information and content provided by PRWeb, including information and content submitted by PRWeb's content suppliers, customers, contributors and moderators, all proprietary elements and aspects of the Site and any proprietary material generated or derived from the same (including software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, graphic material, databases, information, the compilation of all information and content on the Site, the selection, sequence and “look and feel” and arrangement of items), and all trademarks, service marks and trade names used in association with the Site (individually or collectively, "PRWeb Materials"), are the exclusive property of PRWeb. All other trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and logos appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
Except as otherwise permitted herein or by PRWeb in advance and in writing, you may access and use the PRWeb Materials, and download or print out a single copy from the Site, solely for your personal, noncommercial use.
Except as expressly permitted herein, you may not reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute (including any electronic redistribution or database storage and retrieval), disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including on or via a third party website), or otherwise use, any PRWeb Materials, in full, in part, in full text or in abstract, without the express prior written consent of PRWeb.
Any unauthorized or prohibited use of the Site, any PRWeb Materials or other proprietary material may subject you to civil liability or criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable federal and state laws and regulations, as well as foreign laws, regulations and treaties. You are solely responsible for determining and confirming your compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to use of PRWeb Materials in a jurisdiction, including without restriction all laws and regulations applicable to intellectual property rights. Your use of PRWeb Materials is at your own risk and without any representation or warranty whatsoever from PRWeb, its affiliates or its service providers.
THE SITE AND ALL PRWEB MATERIALS ARE MADE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, PROMISE OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PRWEB, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND AGENTS (THE “PRWEB PARTIES”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WARRANTIES (I) WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (II) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, (III) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ADEQUACY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SAFETY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, (IV) WARRANTIES THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR SECURE, OR THAT ALL FEATURES, FUNCTIONS OR OPERATIONS OF THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR PERFORM AS DESCRIBED OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, (V) WARRANTIES THAT THE SITE (INCLUDING FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE) OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT OF PRWEB OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, CUSTOMERS, OR USERS, WHETHER MADE IN THESE TOU, ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY AND ALL INFORMATION OR CONTENT THAT YOU VIEW, DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PRWEB OR THE PRWEB PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT THAT YOU VIEW, DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PRWEB OR THE PRWEB PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY MISREPRESENTATION OR OTHER BREACH OF THESE TOU BY ANOTHER USER, OR ANY COMMUNICATION, ACTIVITY, BUSINESS DEALING OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY
THE PRWEB PARTIES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR, AND YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS AGAINST THE PRWEB PARTIES AND HOLD THE PRWEB PARTIES HARMLESS IN CONNECTION WITH, ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO (I) ANY ACTION TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN BY THE PRWEB PARTIES AS PART OF AN INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OF THESE TOU, AND (II) ANY STEPS TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN BY THE PRWEB PARTIES IN RESPONSE A CONCLUSION THAT A VIOLATION OF THE TOU HAS OCCURRED OR NOT OCCURRED.
REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER TORT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PRWEB PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGE OR EXPENSE, INCLUDING LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS OR OTHER ECONOMIC DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF (OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITE OR ANY PRWEB MATERIALS, OR ARISING FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE, EVEN IF THE PRWEB PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR FORESEEABILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR EXPENSE.
General. This Site is created, controlled and operated by PRWeb in the United States, and is intended for use by residents of the United States, its territories and possessions who are at least 18 years of age or older.
Amendment. Any amendment to these TOU offered by you must be in writing and signed by PRWeb.
Notice. We may be required by state or federal law to notify you of certain events. You hereby acknowledge and consent that such notices will be effective upon our posting them on the Site or delivering them to you through e-mail. You have the right to request that we provide such notices to you in hard copy, and may do so by contacting Cision US Inc., Legal Dept. (Privacy), 1785 Greensboro Station, 8th Floor, McLean, VA 22102. If you are a California resident, you may have notices e-mailed to you by sending a letter to the foregoing address with your e-mail address and a request that notices be e-mailed. If you do not provide us with accurate information and update it, as necessary, we cannot be held liable for a resulting failure to notify you.
Cumulative Rights. Except as otherwise provided herein, no rights or remedies of PRWeb in these TOU are exclusive, but are cumulative of all other rights and remedies.
Assignment. The rights and obligation of PRWeb under these TOU may be assigned or delegated, in whole or in part, by PRWeb to an affiliate or a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets. You may not assign or delegate these TOU, in whole or in part, and any attempt to do so will be null and void.
Choice of Law & Forum. The formation, construction and interpretation of these TOU and all disputes arising out of or relating hereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, giving no effect to conflict of law principals. The U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded from any interpretation of these TOU. Any dispute relating to these TOU shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in New York, New York, U.S.A. The parties agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of these courts, and to waive any objections to jurisdiction, venue or forum.
Construction. In these TOU, unless otherwise specified: (i) "herein," hereof," "hereunder," "hereto," and similar terms, refer to these TOU as a whole and not merely to the specific section, paragraph or clause in which the respective word appears; (ii) any defined terms may, unless the context otherwise requires, be used in the singular or the plural; (iii) “or” connotes any combination of all or any of the items listed; and (iv) where “including,” “include” or “includes” is used to refer to an example or begins a list of items, such example or list shall not be exclusive..:
No Third Party Beneficiaries. Except for PRWeb’s affiliates, and the suppliers and vendors that support the Site, there are no third party beneficiaries of these TOU.
Headings. Headings and captions contained in these TOU are included for convenience only, and are not intended to define or govern the interpretation of any section or provision hereof.
Waiver. The failure of PRWeb to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver by PRWeb of a breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
Severability of Terms. If any provision of these TOU is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed deleted from the TOU and replaced with a provision that approximates, as nearly as possible, the intent of the offending provision while remaining valid, legal and enforceable. All other provisions of these TOU shall remain in full force and effect
PRWeb distributes press releases about legal and political issues that are accurate and conform to our editorial guidelines.
Press releases on PRWeb about legal cases and political issues must:
- Cite from and contain a case or complaint number, as well as the court of record, for all officially filed legal actions and accusations of illegal conduct referenced in the release
- Contain explicit attribution to an authorized source of the material, such as court documents
- Cite from a fact checked news source; proper citation needs to provide the source of the report, the date it was published or aired, and a link to the site
- Be accurate and free of potentially libelous material
- Be free of content intended to harm or exact revenge upon an individual or group
- Clearly identify opinions in quotes or attribute these statements as opinions belonging to the organization, and not state as fact
- Be written in an acceptable press release format
Press releases on PRWeb about legal cases and political matters can:
- Contain fair comment of a political or public figure as long as this content does not cross over into libel territory
- Express the opinion or official stance of an organization on a public issue or current event, however opinions must be put into the form of a quote and properly attributed to the organization making the statement
Press releases on PRWeb about legal cases and political matters are not:
- Announcements of intentions to file a court case against an individual or group
- Potentially libelous, which is defined as content that falsely depicts or implies:
- A person has committed a crime or is guilty of illegal activity
- A person lacks mental capacity
- A person has engaged in immoral behavior
- A person has a loathsome disease
- Interpretations of legal proceedings
- All claims about events surrounding a court case need to be attributed to court documents
- Until a case is decided, events cannot be interpreted, but only detail what court documents allege
- Avoid inflammatory language, hyperbole and unattributed opinion
- An invasion of someone’s privacy
- Threatening, abusive, menacing, offensive, violent, intimidating or otherwise objectionable
- Intended to harm or exact revenge upon an individual or group, which is defined as content that is deemed intended to:
- Incite, advocate or express hatred, bigotry, racism or gratuitous violence
- Promote personal opinions attacking an individual or group
- Maliciously affect a company’s stock
- Stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, shame or victimize an individual or group
- Additionally, PRWeb does not publish releases that attempt to incite fear or panic, including but not limited to releases predicting the end of the world or terrorist attacks.
PRWeb’s editorial staff reviews all press releases before distribution. PRWeb editors have the final say in determining what content is appropriate for distribution on the PRWeb platform. These guidelines are meant to supplement the Master Subscription Agreement and the PR Services Appendix, which requires users to be responsible for the content and accuracy of all information submitted to us.