We are so happy to have inspiring experts talk about how designers and companies are evolving in ways that are better for people and the planet. Of course, consumers are demanding more now from the fashion industry than just style.
New York, New York (PRWEB) October 10, 2013
Today, Ampleen, a sustainability consulting firm, announced details for its upcoming event "Fashion Evolution: Consumer Power" on November 7 in New York City. The event will highlight how increased consumer consciousness is a key driver behind fashion’s evolution towards more sustainable production and other socio-environmental changes. A keynote address by Amy Hall, an executive at Eileen Fisher, will lead into an expert panel discussion.
Scandinavia House in New York City, at 58 Park Avenue, will host the November 7 event in Volvo Hall, from 6pm to 9pm. After the keynote address and panel discussion, there will be a networking reception with NY-local wine and light food. FACE Stockholm will provide an environmentally friendly reusable and recyclable bag to each attendee. For more information and registration, go to: https://fashionevolution.eventbrite.com/.
The evening’s discussion will focus on how consumers are driving industry innovations in the retail and fashion industries that are embracing sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
Shoko Sekiguchi, event organizer for Ampleen, exclaimed, "We are so happy to have inspiring experts talk about how designers and companies are evolving in ways that are better for people and the planet. Of course, consumers are demanding more now from the fashion industry than just style."
As keynote speaker, Amy Hall, Director of Social Consciousness at Eileen Fisher and a member of the Leadership Forum for women’s clothing, will kick off the evening.
Following the keynote, Sasha Cohen, a consultant with a fashion retail background, will introduce and moderate a panel of experts including:
- Telicia Bunch, Director of Technical Design for Kenneth Cole Productions;
- Manuela Fassbender, Founding Partner and Creative Director at MBF Trend Consulting;
- Naomi Gross, Professor and Assistant Chairperson at Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT);
- Faizun Kamal, a social entrepreneur and Founder of SourceFK, a clothing collection partnering with Asian women artisans to connect them to global markets and training;
- Gia Machlin, Founder and CEO of EcoPlum (http://www.ecoplum.com/), an online boutique (http://www.ecoplum.com/shop/) specializing in eco friendly fashion products and original articles on green living.
Ampleen’s mission is to serve as a catalyst for urban green living that educates and empowers nonprofits, corporations and environmentally conscious individuals to create a more sustainable global community. We seek to be a partner and a platform for bringing together corporate services, community projects and individual efforts that marry business and sustainability goals in perfect harmony. For more information: http://www.ampleen.com/.