Mesa, Arizona (PRWEB) November 27, 2013
While the holidays are usually a time when families are brought together to share time and a meal, the air inside the home may be an unwelcome guest if the air quality is poor. Wheeler Air, a Mesa furnace repair company, offers the following tips for Arizonans to make sure their gatherings are spent breathing in less toxic air.
- Open windows when temperatures are warm. Since parts of Arizona experiences famously mild winters, spending a few hours with windows or doors open each day will help circulate and bring in cleaner outdoor air.
- If cooking with gas appliances, make sure the burner is properly adjusted and there is good ventilation. Never use a gas stove to heat a home.
- Clean with “green” heating supplies to avoid releasing possibly toxic particles into the air. Many harmless household items such as baking soda and vinegar do a fine job of cleaning a post-Thanksgiving mess.
- Clean or replace filters regularly – once a month or more if filters are dirty.
- Have your furnace and all heating equipment inspected and well-maintained in order to make sure the heat is being properly circulated and is giving off healthy air.
For more information on improving the air quality in your home, contact Wheeler Air at 480-685-4321 or visit http://wheelerair.com/.
About Wheeler Air
Wheeler Air has been family owned and operated since 1998 and have continually strived to provide the greatest level of service to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction ever since. Serving the Phoenix Metro area and Tucson, Wheeler Air is the leading provider of air conditioning and heating solutions.