Safety and reliability is a big concern for Orange County-area car buyers
SANTA ANA, Calif. (PRWEB) July 29, 2013
The 2014 Chevrolet Impala has received the Top Ten Sedan in the United States by Consumer Reports for safety and reliability. The 2014 Chevy Impala also received the highest possible five-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety as part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program.
“Safety and reliability is a big concern for Orange County-area car buyers,” said Joe Renden of Guaranty Chevrolet. “The new Impala is also designed with quite a few new safety technologies, to provide excellent crash safety.”
The redesigned, full-size sedan presents Orange County-area drivers with one of the most comprehensive collections of standard and available safety features in the segment. It employs advanced technologies – including radar – to help avoid crashes. Visual and audible alerts, depending on the alert feature, help Orange County-area drivers identify potential crash situations and even intervene when a crash threat appears more imminent. The alerts are designed to identify potential threats with sufficient warning to give the driver time to react and make changes.
The available safety features and benefits include:
- Full-speed-range adaptive cruise control – Radar technology senses traffic in front of the Impala to adjust vehicle speed, including stopping the vehicle in heavy traffic and accelerating again. It is the first application in a Chevrolet.
- Crash imminent braking – Another Chevy first: Radar technology detects a possible crash threat and alerts the driver. If the driver does not appear to react quickly enough or doesn’t react at all, this feature intervenes to apply the brakes in an effort to avoid the crash.
- Forward collision alert – Camera technology detects a possible crash threat and alerts the driver, giving him or her time to stop and/or change course.
- Lane departure warning – A camera-based lane detection system warns the driver of unsignaled lane changes. The camera, mounted near the inside rearview mirror, identifies traffic lane markings and provides audible alerts.
- Side blind zone alert – Using radar sensors on both sides of the vehicle, the system “looks” for other vehicles in the blind zone areas of the Impala and indicates their presence with light-emitting diode, or LED-lit symbols in the outside mirrors.
- Rear cross traffic alert – Based on the radar sensors of side blind zone alert, it warns the driver of vehicles in traffic when backing out of a parking spot – including angled parking. Visual and audible alerts are triggered if moving vehicles are detected.
- Rear vision camera with dynamic guidelines – With a display in the center stack infotainment system, the camera provides a view of objects directly behind the Impala, while the dynamic guidelines provide a reference that helps make parking and other maneuvers easier.
- Ultrasonic rear park assist – Uses sensors in the rear bumper to detect objects directly behind the vehicle and alerts the driver.
- Brake pre-fill feature – To quicken the response time of the brakes and help shorten stopping distances, this features “loads” the brake calipers in anticipation of hard braking by slightly increasing the hydraulic pressure in the brake lines whenever the driver lifts off the accelerator pedal. This feature is included on models equipped with adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation braking.
- Hill hold/start assist – Applies the brakes for about 1.5 seconds to prevent roll-back when the driver moves his or her foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal.
The advanced, crash-avoidance technologies complement the Impala’s occupant protection features that keep Orange County-area owners safe, including 10 standard air bags:
- Dual-stage frontal passenger air bags with passenger sensing system
- Driver and front passenger side-impact air bags
- Driver and front passenger knee air bags
- Rear outboard side-impact air bags
- Head curtain air bags with rollover sensing for front and rear outboard positions
- Safety belt pretensioners
- Child seat restraint system.
Impala also employs systems that enable greater vehicle control, including standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control system, all-speed traction control, four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel antilock brakes and electronic brake force distribution, which ensures optimal braking force at both axles for maximum stability under heavy braking.
OnStar is standard. It uses GPS and cellular phone technology to automatically call for help in the event of crash. OnStar service also includes MyLink mobile apps, which offer vehicle information and OnStar services via the customer’s smartphone.
About Guaranty Chevrolet in Santa Ana
Visit Guaranty Chevrolet and experience exceptional customer service and stress-free sales experience at our Santa Ana dealership and showroom. Conveniently located at 711 E. 17th Street, Guaranty Chevy is easily accessible from neighboring Orange, Huntington Beach and anywhere in Orange County. Guaranty Chevrolet has a large selection of new and used Chevy cars, trucks and SUVs.
Santa Ana Used-Car Dealer in Orange County
From the comfort of home go to occhevy.com and leisurely browse through the inventory of certified pre-owned Chevy vehicles. Guaranty Chevy offers a wide selection of used cars, trucks and SUVs that are like new as customers find a vehicle to meet transportation needs. OCChevy.com is designed to enhance the user experience, allowing users to easily filter the search results by a variety of categories such as model, year and color.
Santa Ana Service Center in Orange County
Find unmatched selections of specials offered on services, including brakes, maintenance, oil changes and more. We make it our goal to meet the needs of our customers by offering the most modern and serviceable access to information about our services. With technology, expertise and convenient hours, we make it simple to keep your car at its best.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at http://www.chevrolet.com.
About Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports is an expert, independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. The organization was founded in 1936 when advertising first flooded the mass media. Consumers lacked a reliable source of information they could depend on to help them distinguish hype from fact and good products from bad ones. Since then Consumer Reports has filled that vacuum with a broad range of consumer information. To maintain its independence and impartiality, Consumer Reports accepts no outside advertising and no free samples and employs several hundred mystery shoppers and technical experts to buy and test the products it evaluates.
Consumer Reports, is one of the top-circulation magazines in the country, and ConsumerReports.org, has the most subscribers of any website of its kind, in addition to two newsletters, Consumer Reports on Health and Consumer Reports Money Adviser. They have combined subscriptions of more than 8 million. All of Consumer Reports' work is informed by the more than 1 million readers who respond to our Annual Questionnaire, among the largest and most comprehensive consumer studies in the world. In 2008, Consumer Reports also launched several initiatives, including the Consumer Reports Health Ratings Center, which serve to educate and empower consumers to make more informed health-care decisions and to help change the market.