(PRWEB) August 01, 2013
Strategic Radiology® (SR®) announced today that New Jersey based University Radiology (UR) will join the SR network of large, clinically advanced groups geographically dispersed throughout the US. With the addition of UR, SR now comprises 16 leading radiology group practices, representing more than 1,000 radiologists dedicated to setting the standard for radiology excellence through quality care drawn from collaborative best practices.
"Our fundamental business goal is to maintain our leadership position in providing the highest quality radiology services, despite the challenging and rapidly evolving healthcare environment," said Robert E. Epstein, MD, UR Chairman of the Board. "Our participation with Strategic Radiology is a further demonstration of this commitment and will serve to enhance our position through the sharing of innovative ideas with peer groups that represent the best of the best nationally."
The SR consortium consists of large radiology practices that excel in the organization’s collaborative approach to sharing data and best practices, interchanging clinical practice information, and consolidating certain practice expenses. The goal of SR is to achieve higher quality and more cost efficient delivery of medical imaging.
"University Radiology’s academic experience and international presence will bring a very important, dynamic, and valuable industry perspective to the SR network," said Arl Van Moore, Jr, MD, CEO of SR. "In addition, the UR business model and practice vision aligns extremely well with our current membership. We're very excited to have their organization join the SR family of independent radiology group practices."
UR is the largest provider of subspecialty radiology and teleradiology services in NJ, comprised of over 115 board certified radiologists with advanced US based training and expertise in all modalities and all subspecialty areas. In operation for more than 40 years, UR staffs, manages, and provides subspecialty interpretations and consultative support for hospitals, imaging centers, and other medical facilities, and serves as the academic radiology faculty at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. UR physicians interpret 1.2 million radiology procedures per year. More information can be found on the UR website at http://universityradiology.com.
SR consists of geographically diverse and forward thinking American radiology group practices representing more than 1,000 radiologists. The goal of SR is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses. More information can be found on the SR website at http://www.strategicradiology.org.
Current SR members include:
- Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte, NC
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- Hill Medical Corporation; Arcadia, CA
- Inland Imaging; Spokane, WA
- Jefferson Radiology; Hartford, CT
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of South Florida; Miami, FL
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates; Columbus, OH
- Southwest Diagnostic Imaging; Phoenix, AZ and affiliates Scottsdale Medical Imaging and Valley Radiologists
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ