San Francisco, California (PRWEB) August 14, 2013
TrustedPeer, Inc., a private company connecting business professionals with an online network of leading business experts, announces the launch of seven of North America’s top experts in Anti-Money Laundering on its unique business consulting platform at http://www.trustedpeer.com.
Money laundering is a global problem that supports violent drug traffickers and transnational criminal organizations. A recent U.S. Senate report estimated that $1.6 trillion – or 2.7 percent of the world’s GDP – was laundered in 2009 (the most recent year for which an estimate is available). “Illicit funds are directly responsible for the violence and deaths caused by criminal groups around the world,” according to the Senate’s report.
Efforts to stem money laundering have resulted in increasingly stiffer compliance requirements on financial institutions and aggressive prosecutions of those that fail to comply. HSBC Bank, for example, was fined $1.9 billion for widespread failures involving laundered money from Mexican and Colombian drug cartels.
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations require that financial institutions have comprehensive AML programs that are reviewed periodically by independent AML experts.
Each of TrustedPeer’s AML Experts has more than 20 years experience in industry, government and Anti-Money Laundering compliance and is a recognized leader in his or her specialty within AML. They consult with clients across all relevant industries after careers that included high-ranking positions in the U.S. Departments of State, Treasury and Commerce, the U.S. Customs Service, the FBI, the IRS and Canada’s Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Here is the list of TrustedPeer Anti-Money Laundering Experts available for consulting sessions through TrustedPeer’s web platform, http://www.trustedpeer.com:
Connie Fenchel – Anti-Money Laundering - Banks / Anti-Money Laundering - Money Services Businesses
President | AML Experts, Inc.
- 35 years of government and private sector experience in law enforcement, regulatory and management expertise in the areas of regulatory compliance, financial crimes and customs violations
- Former Deputy Director, Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) - U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Former Executive Director of Operations, Director of Financial Investigations, Group Supervisor, and Special Agent for the U.S. Customs Service
Dennis Lormel- Counter-Terrorist Financing - Compliance Program
President | DML Associates, LLC
- Internationally recognized expert on terrorist financing with client banks ranging from small (Regions Bank, Ally Bank) to multi-national (J.P. Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch)
- As the FBI's Chief of Terrorist Financing Operations Section, conceived of and directed the initiative that identified the funding of the 9/11 attacks
- CIA George H. W. Bush Award for Excellence in Counterterrorism
- DOJ, Criminal Division, Assistant Attorney General Award for Investigative Initiative
- Provides topical insights to Congressional committees and to media outlets including: The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, and CBS
Priscilla Rabb Ayres - AML/OFAC - Enterprise Risk Assessment
Principal | L. Franklin Associates
- Financial Services Risk and Compliance expert with a unique 360-degree stakeholder perspective based on deep experience in and with financial institutions, government bodies, vendors, and industry associations
- Chief Regulatory Officer for IBM Global Financial Services Sector; managed collaborative relationships between IBM and regulatory bodies dealing with Basel II, BSA/AML, ERM and Fraud; launched IBM's global Extensible Reporting Language (XBRL) program. Associate Partner, Risk and Compliance, IBM Global Business Services
- Senior Deputy Director - U.S. State Department, Office of the Secretary; designed and implemented private sector assistance to Emerging Democracies
- First Director of the Trade and Development Agency (TDA) – an undersecretary position requiring Senate confirmation; coordinated with Export-Import Bank, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), World Bank, IFC, and regional MDBs such as the Asian Development Bank and the EBRD
- Director, Office of Trade Finance, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Special Assistant to Deputy Assistant Secretary of Monetary Policy and International Finance- U.S. Department of Treasury
Saskia Reitbroek- OFAC - Compliance and Sanctions
Partner | AML Services International, LLC
- OFAC and AML expertise delivered through independent audits, program design, alert backlog management, automated monitoring, KYC remediation, policies and procedures development, AML/financial crime conference program design, and AML training
- Audit, consulting and training clients include: Bank of America, Capital One, Charles Schwab, Moneygram, Scotiabank, UBS, Aruba Bank, Banco Agricola, Fiserv, Global Cash Access, Keefe, and SafetyPay
- Financial Crimes Adviser – Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV)
- Executive Director, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS); co-authored the ACAMS certification exam study guide
Garry Clement- Anti-Money Laundering - Banks - Canada
President | Clement Advisory Group
- Anti-Money Laundering risk management and mitigation, business intelligence and security risk assessments
- Officer-in-Charge, Royal Canadian Mounted Police – Criminal Operations, Integrated Proceed of Crime Section, Executive Diplomatic Protection Service (assigned to Canadian President Chretien), Liaison Officer for Hong Kong and Foreign Service Directorate Desk
- Garry’s 1996 undercover operation into tobacco smuggling from the US into Canada which resulted in the highest civil penalty against the cigarette companies in Canadian History
Laura Goldzung - Anti-Money Laundering - Broker Dealers / Anti-Money Laundering - Dealers in Precious Metals, Stones or Jewels
President & Founder | AML Audit Services, LLC
- 30 years of financial industry experience including AML compliance and training, securities firm operations and management
- Directed Securities Industry Institute at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and other SIFMA training for member firms
- Faculty for Certified Compliance Regulatory Professional (CCRP) at Lubin School of Business, Pace University, ACAMS CAMS-Audit Certification, IMTC Compliance Certification Course, and Compliance Online
Vicki Landon - Anti-Money Laundering - Insurance Companies
President | Landon Associates, Inc.
- 35 years experience in insurance company process and compliance consulting, applying hands-on experience with insurance-related technology and operations, business architecture, and business process reengineering
- Implemented Transaction Monitoring Systems or conducted Independent Reviews for four of the top 20 insurers
- Principal – IBM, created Insurance Asset Education Practice for life and property casualty programs
TrustedPeer is a recently-launched online platform that connects business professionals with top business experts – TrustedPeer Experts – whose extensive experience and industry credentials place them among the very best in their fields. At http://www.trustedpeer.com, clients with expertise needs can gain immediate access to deep, robust content authored by TrustedPeer Experts. This content details common problems, key trends and best practices in each expert's area of expertise and is edited by business journalists and editors with experience at major publications. Clients can easily schedule live one-on-one consulting sessions with any TrustedPeer Expert for immediate access to the business expertise they need.
TrustedPeer® - The Business Expert Network™
V.P. Marketing, TrustedPeer, Inc.
415 531 4766/ ted(at)trustedpeer(dot)com