The cloud shouldn’t just be about doing things more efficiently, it should be about doing new things. And doing things well in the cloud means using tools and techniques designed for it.
Durham, NC (PRWEB) September 18, 2013
Relevance, Inc. and Metadata Partners LLC are pleased to announce their official merger, becoming Cognitect, Inc. This is a match made from parallel visions for the future of software - a future where companies embrace the cloud to grow their businesses and bring the power of simplicity to information and information systems. By combining the breadth of Relevance's services, development teams and people-focused processes with Metadata Partners' innovative products and open source tools, Cognitect is positioned to help customers:
- leverage information to build a smarter business by focusing on information over data,
- harness the cloud as an engine for growth by designing products and services specifically for this environment, and
- embrace simplicity to build robust systems faster by creating simple tools and services that can be composed to solve large problems.
"Cognitect takes everything that made our two companies unique, then adds so much more on top - this alignment means we can focus on building truly modern information solutions for our customers," said Justin Gehtland, co-founder and CEO.
“The cloud shouldn’t just be about doing things more efficiently, it should be about doing new things. And doing things well in the cloud means using tools and techniques designed for it. I look forward to working with this team to design and build next-generation products and services for our increasingly virtualized future," said Rich Hickey, co-founder and CTO.
"This merger formalizes a 5-year working relationship. As Cognitect, we are the only team that can offer development, service, and support from the builders of Clojure, ClojureScript, and Datomic," added Stu Halloway, co-founder and President.
Immediate benefits to customers and the open source community include:
- Enterprise level support: Cognitect gives customers the confidence to adopt the most innovative tools by offering a suite of support packages, including 24x7 support.
- Increased pace of development: As a larger team of expert technologists focused on a core set of tools and products, Cognitect will accelerate their ability to innovate.
- Enhanced community support: Cognitect is better positioned than ever to advance the platform and engage the open source community to continue improving it for all developers.
Justin Gehtland is chief executive officer of Cognitect, Stuart Halloway serves as president, and Rich Hickey as chief technical officer. Jennifer Hudson is the chief financial officer; Mike Nygard and Tim Ewald both serve as vice presidents of Cognitect.
About Metadata Partners:
Metadata Partners is the provider of Datomic, a transactional database of time-based facts, designed to take advantage of the cloud. Founded in 2010, Metadata Partners, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in New York.
About Relevance, Inc:
Relevance is a leading custom software development team focused on helping companies release better software, faster, through technical expertise and a laser focus on the people part of the process. Relevance was founded in 2003 and is a privately held company headquartered in North Carolina.