Portland, ME (PRWEB) March 14, 2014
The finalists for this year’s Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global Seafood Prix d’Elite new products competition were announced on Thursday by event organizer Diversified Communications of Portland, Maine.
The winners will be unveiled at an awards ceremony on 6 May 2014 in Auditorium 2000 from 18:15 until 20:00 at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Brussels, Belgium.
In addition to the grand prizes for the best new retail product and best new foodservice product, five special awards will be presented for originality, convenience, health and nutrition, retail packaging and seafood product line.
There are 34 finalists representing 11 countries this year. They are:
- Surimi Rings with Garlic, Parsley and Cayenne Pepper from Angulas Aguinaga, S.A.U. – Spain
- La Gula del Norte al Ajillo con Chirlas from Angulas Aguinaga, S.A.U. – Spain
- Fish Snack from Bornholms A/S – Denmark
- Paella 1-2-3 Delfin from Delfin Ultracongelados SA – Spain
- Hotsmoked Salmon for Salad from Hallvard Leroy AS – Norway
- The Saucy Fish Co. Ready to Enjoy Tomato and Chilli Chutney with Roasted Sweet Chilli Salmon Fillets from Icelandic Seachill – United Kingdom
- 2 Ficelles Nordiques aux 2 Saumons from Jacques Maës SAS – France
- Tosago© from Jens Moller Products Aps – Denmark
- Frog-Art from Jens Moller Products Aps – Denmark
- Kush Organic Mussel Soup from Kush Seafarms Ltd – Ireland
- Salmon Steamers from Laschinger Seafood Gmbh – Germany
- ‘Simple Salmon’ Swedish Style Atlantic Salmon Balls from Macknight Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Salmon Filo Pastry Pie from Marine Harvest VAP Europe – Belgium
- Salmon Escalope Saltimbocca Style from Marine Harvest VAP Europe – Belgium
- Cod Escalope Margarita Style from Marine Harvest VAP Europe – Belgium
- Herring Spread from N Parlevliet NV – Belgium
- Ocean Beauty Wild Salmon Jerky Original Flavor – Ocean Beauty Seafoods – United States
- Fish Fusion from Pickenpack Europe – Germany
- Coffret Plateau de Fruits de Mer from SAS Kermaree – France
- Double Dippers Crayfish Carnivale from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- BIG&SNACK Fish in Chips with a Pea Puree and Malt Vinegar Chipped Potato Crumb from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- BIG&SNACK King Prawn Scotch Egg from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- King Prawn ‘Hunger Busters’ from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Double Dippers Prawn Curry Club from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Double Dippers Prawn Cracker from The Big Prawn Co. Ltd. – United Kingdom
- Ship’s Biscuits from The Pembrokeshire Beach Food Company Ltd. – United Kingdom – Wales
- Pumpkin Seed Breaded Fish Fillets from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Salmon/Shrimp Pastry Bite Selection from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Crispy Seafood Filo Flute from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Pomelo and Eryngo Baramundi Fillets from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Moroccan Chermoula Pollack Fillets from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Red Miso Salmon Skewer from Trangs Group – Vietnam
- Pearl Bombs from Vichiunai Europe NV – Belgium
- Mussel Powder from Vilsund Blue A/S – Denmark
Celebrating its fourteenth year of honoring the finest and most innovative new seafood products entering the market, the Seafood Prix d’Elite competition continues to grow in importance and prestige. The Seafood Prix d’Elite takes place alongside Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global. The event forms the world’s largest seafood exposition, with buyers from more than 145 countries.
With more than 1,690 exhibitors at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, to be chosen as a winner or selected as a finalist of the Seafood Prix d’Elite is considered a notable achievement.
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications, based in Portland, Maine, US provides information and market access through face-to-face events, magazine publishing, and online resources on four continents. Diversified serves a number of industries including: seafood, food service, natural and organic, healthcare, commercial marine and business management. Diversified operates divisions in Australia, Hong Kong, India, the UK and Canada. For more information, visit: http://www.divcom.com.
Notes to the media: Liz Plizga, Show Director, is available for interviews.
Images of the 2013 European Seafood Exposition/Seafood Processing Europe, now Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global, are available upon request.
For further information, a corporate profile of Diversified Communications and/or photographs, please contact Adam Morris.
E-mail: amorris (at) divcom (dot) com
Phone: +1 207.842.5578