New York, NY (PRWEB) August 26, 2014
FSAstore.com, the only e-commerce site stocked exclusively with Flexible Spending Account (FSA) eligible products, reminds consumers to consider an FSA this open enrollment season to help reduce their taxable income. FSAs let employees set aside tax-free money for out-of-pocket healthcare costs, including over-the-counter products, dental and eye care, and medical services. FSAs also include Limited FSAs and Dependent Care FSAs.
In addition, a new change makes FSAs a bit more flexible for employees and eases potential forfeiture concerns. Last year, the U.S. Treasury Department modified the “Use it or Lose it” rule, giving employers an option to offer a carryover of up to $500 in funds.
“Open enrollment season is the perfect time for individuals or families to consider benefit options. FSAs not only offer sizeable tax-free savings on out-of-pocket expenses, but also empower consumers to maximize their healthcare dollars,” said Jeremy Miller, FSAstore.com CEO and Founder. “Consumers can shop for everyday products at FSAstore.com including first aid kits, breast pumps, and heats wraps, and save with product bundles geared toward pain relief, travel and back to school.”
Open Enrollment Advice for Consumers
- Research an FSA before Open Enrollment Starts. According to a recent research study commissioned by Alegeus Technologies, only 50% of FSA account holders understand the benefits of their plan. Now is the time to ask FSA benefit administrators and your HR representative about coverage and the savings potential that these plans offer.
- Understand eligible expenses. Review medical services and over-the-counter products covered by your specific plan. Earlier this year, FSAstore.com introduced an all-encompassing Eligibility List, which has more than 800 product categories that you can use to search for eligible expenses (for Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts and Health Reimbursement Arrangements).
- Know contribution limits. If you contribute the maximum of $2,500 to your FSA, you can effectively save up to 40% on eligible expenses. If you and your spouse have access to separate FSA accounts, you could each set aside up to $2,500.
- Check in about qualifying events. Ask if you can change your FSA contribution outside of open enrollment if you have experienced a “qualifying event” (for example, a baby, marriage, or employment change).
- Estimate healthcare spending. You can use an FSA for yourself and your dependents, including children through the age of 26 (whether tax dependent or not). Use an FSA Calculator to estimate expenses for dental check-ups and eye exams, as well as costs for eligible medical products.
For more than four years, FSAstore.com has been the only e-commerce site exclusively stocked with FSA eligible products - eliminating the guesswork behind what is reimbursable by an FSA. Consumers with Flexible Spending Accounts can access thousands of high quality FSA eligible products, in addition to FSA eligible services and much-needed information through the FSA Learning Center. FSAstore.com accepts all FSA and major credit cards, offers 24/7 customer service, one-to-two-day turnaround for all orders, and free shipping on orders $50+.