With its intuitive design and faster, more flexible navigation, Lexis Advance directly addresses the needs of legal professionals to quickly turn insights into action.
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 08, 2014
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional announced today that it has launched a new, intuitive user interface for its dynamic next-generation legal information service, Lexis Advance®, along with feature and functionality enhancements that will give users a more efficient and personalized research experience. Lexis Advance now features a significantly streamlined workflow across all steps of the research process and is responsively designed to offer the same experience across any device – computer, tablet or smartphone.
“Legal professionals work under enormous business and time pressures as they solve complex problems and mitigate risk for their clients, agencies and companies,” said Sean Fitzpatrick, managing director of the North American Research Solutions business at LexisNexis. “With its intuitive design and faster, more flexible navigation, Lexis Advance directly addresses their needs to quickly turn insights into action. They now have a powerful tool that not only helps them get to trusted results easily, but also allows them to pursue research in a way that best suits their workflow, search approach and location.”
The refreshed interface presents content and resources in a clean and accessible manner, while keeping popular features and functionality at users’ fingertips. Available resources can now be viewed instantly, without clicking on multiple screens, and additional insights and support tools are just one click away. The intuitive search capabilities have been streamlined, with sophisticated yet intuitive pre-filtering allowing users to narrow their search in fewer steps.
“The redesign of Lexis Advance is guided by the principle of power in simplicity, and based on extensive dialogue with customers,” said Marty Kilmer, vice president of Product Platforms at LexisNexis. “We’ve built a consistent, unified experience across devices that allows user to browse, navigate, read and scroll through their information more easily and quickly act on relevant insights.”
Additional feature and functionality enhancements include:
- Search suggestions – Most-utilized legal phrases and documents will automatically surface to expedite the search process, and sources are also suggested to search or browse associated Tables of Content
- Expanded content – including constitutional archives, administrative code archives, selected international titles, and more
- Optimized mobile access – Responsive content rendering for consistent and convenient delivery by adapting to any screen – Web, tablet and mobile devices
- Alerts enhancements – Real-time alert notification delivery, improved alert editing, new Publication Alerts, specify the time to receive alert notifications
- Improved Table of Contents capabilities – expanded view and delivery options now available
- Enhanced document experience – Shepard’s® information available to preview, footnotes now displayed inline, additional copy citation formats & more
Lexis Advance streamlines the research workflow across the LexisNexis product portfolio by providing integrated access to a comprehensive portfolio of complementary analytical tools, including
- the comprehensive practical guidance offering Lexis Practice Advisor®
- the analytical tool for litigation cost comparison LexisNexis® Counsel Benchmarking
- the extensive set of LexisNexis® Public Records, driving key insights via LexID® linking
- LexisNexis® Verdict & Settlement Analyzer, the tool to assess case risk and opportunity
- the medical malpractice research and analytics solution LexisNexis® MedMal Navigator®
- and the expert witness resource LexisNexis® Litigation Profile Suite.
More information about Lexis Advance can be found on our website at http://www.lexisnexis.com/advance.
A detailed overview of the new design and capabilities of Lexis Advance can be found in this overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZdBWH75s6Y#t=12
Download screen shots of the new design for Lexis Advance and the integrated LexisNexis tools from our media portal here: http://www.lexisnexis.com/en-us/about-us/media/press-release.page?id=1409929681949064&y=2014
About LexisNexis® Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enables professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 175 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
# # #
Follow LexisNexis Legal & Professional
Twitter® - @LexisNexisComms; @LexisNexis
Flickr® - http://www.flickr.com/photos/35038020@N06
YouTube™ - http://www.youtube.com/lnuslmpr