We picked our twenty favorite recipes and asked America to help select the top ten
Beaverton, Ore. (PRWEB) September 16, 2014
September 16, 2014 – The competition is heating up in Reser’s third annual America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge. “We picked our twenty favorite recipes and asked America to help select the top ten,” states Teresa Carter, category manager. More than 7,600 votes were cast in the online voting portion of the contest. “After tallying the votes, last’s year’s grand prize winner, Jan L. from Oklahoma, will get a chance to defend her title,” states Carter. “But will her ‘Pineapple Bacon Potato Salad’ have what it takes to win over the judges’ palates?”
The top ten recipe winners will each receive $750, plus a $1,000 travel stipend to compete at the World Food Championships for the $5,000 grand prize.
Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes (In random order)
1. Jeanna's Potato Salad from Jeanna W. (MI)
2. Chipotle Roasted Potato Salad Crowned with Candied Chipotle Bacon from Nancy V. (CA)
3. Whodat Crawfish & Andouille Tater Salad from Sherri W. (FL)
4. Garden Cilantro Potato Salad from Laurie L. (MA)
5. Roasted Korean Firecracker Potato Salad from Naylet L. (FL)
6. Slam Bam Thank you Ma'am Southern Grilled Sweet Potato Salad from Sean B. (NY)
7. Oven Roasted Potato Salad with Fresh Herb Chimichurri & Shaved Manchego from Jennifer D. (CA)
8. All Fired Up Peppy Petite Red Potato Salad w/ Charred Corn & Roasted Red Pepper from Julie B. (IL)
9. Roasted Corn & Poblano Potato Salad with Creamy Salsa Verde Dressing from Merry G. (CA)
10. Pineapple Bacon Potato Salad from Jan L. (OK)
- Top 10 winners will each receive $750 plus a $1,000 travel stipend to compete in the America’s Best Potato Salad Championship in Las Vegas at the World Food Championships (Nov 12-18, 2014)
- Top 4 winners will receive cash prizes ranging from $250-$2500
- Grand prize winner will receive $5,000
Apr. 15, 2014 Recipes were submitted at http://www.AmericasBestPotatoSalad.com
Jul. 16, 2014 Contest closed at midnight PST
Aug. 16, 2014 Top 20 recipes announced and online; voting opened at 8 am PST
Aug. 30, 2014 Voting closed as of midnight PST
Sept. 16, 2014 Reser’s announces top 10 winners; each invited to compete in Las Vegas!
Nov. 12-18, 2014 The top 10 winners will compete at the America’s Best Potato Salad Championship at the World Food Championships
Nov. 19, 2014 Re-cap of the championship event, winner’s announced online
About the World Food Championships
The World Food Championships features nearly 500 competitors seeking food fame and fortune in Las Vegas. The third annual event will invite the champions from the biggest and best food competitions around the world into a single high stakes culinary showdown for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Following a tournament-style format across multiple iconic food categories, including burger, sandwich, barbecue and more, the WFC will culminate with a Final Table faceoff where category champions brave potential elimination in front of a live audience and a discerning panel of culinary celebrities. For more information visit: http://www.worldfoodchampionships.com.
About Reser’s Fine Foods
North American-based Reser’s is the leading provider of deli salads, fresh salads, side dishes and prepared foods. Reser’s makes fun times easy and affordable for every family. Reser’s famous deli salads are a family favorite at picnics, BBQs and tailgaters. Founded in 1950, the company remains privately owned and operated and committed to providing delicious refrigerated foods for the supermarket and food service industries. Reser’s operates 16 facilities in the United States and Mexico and employs nearly 4,800 employees in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Visit http://www.resers.com.