London, UK (PRWEB) November 11, 2014
In 2013, the world germanium output amounted to about 150 tonnes, what is higher if compared to the previous year. Meantime, the consumption of the material amounted to 143 tonnes in 2013. The germanium recycling level remained the same; about 30% of the global germanium output was recovered from recycled material.
Germanium demand is forecast to grow in the future years, primarily due to the rising consumption of the material in the electronics sector. As of 2013, germanium was mainly used in the fiber optics and infrared optics production, which accounted for 39% and 25% of the total demand respectively. About 25% of germanium was consumed as polymerization catalysts (PET).
The APAC region ranked the 1st in the world in terms of germanium production volumes in 2013, with China being the largest producer. The material output in the country totaled around 105 tonnes.
Topical research study “Germanium: 2014 World Market Review and Forecast” elaborated by Merchant Research & Consulting Ltd is now available at mcgroup.co.uk
Title: Germanium: 2014 World Market Review and Forecast
Published: July, 2014
Price: US$ 1,550.00
The in-demand report comprises a detailed analysis of the germanium sector globally, by country and by region. It unveils unique information on the current industry performance and gives a review of the germanium market development over the 2008-2013 time period. Additionally, the report provides statistics on the germanium production, demand and consumption. The pricing trends are also examined within the report. It comprises an in-depth analysis of the germanium export and import volumes and offers unique data on the key downstream markets. Besides, the report includes a description of germanium, covering its main application areas, substitutes and global resources. Future prospects of the germanium market to 2013 are discussed in the study, too.
Reasons to Buy:
- Deep analysis of the germanium market gives a clear understanding of the world germanium market and improves the process of making business decisions.
- Review of the key producers assists in identifying the potential partners and suppliers.
- Detailed data on the downstream markets help to boost sales and better understand the customers businesses.
- Obtain access to the updated germanium production, consumption and export statistics.
- Five-year comprehensive forecasts help to define the major opportunities and ensure effective business planning.
- Understand the pricing trends over the last years.
- Become aware of the major germanium market trends.
More topical reports by the publisher can be found at Merchant Research & Consulting page.