Get protected, and stay protected, by learning how to exclude bugs and wildlife from your home, with the help of a professional pest control company.
Nashville, TN (PRWEB) December 15, 2014
Nashville braces for another bug invasion. Each year, as the temperatures drop, bugs begin to seek shelter and warmth inside businesses and residential homes. The bugs that top this years list are ants, wasps, spiders, box elder bugs and stink bugs, according to All-American Pest Control. Fortunately, All-American offers tips on how to keep these bugs from overwintering in Tennessee homes.
· Keep your gutters clean and free of debris. Not only will you keep rainwater from making your perimeter soil moist for insect habitation, you'll also get rid of the debris spiders and box elder bugs nest in.
· Rake leaves up off your lawn, but especially away from your foundation. A rotting blanket of leaves invites bugs to overwinter near your exterior walls.
· Trim bushes down, get rid of vines, and cut tree branches that come near to your home. Insects and rodents use branches like a highway into your home.
· Fix leaks in and around your house. Pests are drawn in by moisture and standing water. Fill in any areas near your foundation that collect puddles, and force that water away from your home.
· Keep food sources protected and cleaned up. Don't leave fruit out, avoid leaving dry dirty dishes in a stack, clean counters and rugs regularly, and pick pet food up after mealtime, instead of leaving it laying in the dish.
· Keep all trash covered and sealed. Open trash is a food source and a breeding site for all pests.
When the cold weather hits, pests will look to overwinter in homes, and that can be trouble for families. Some species of spiders can cause disfiguring wounds accompanying painful bites. The sting from a wasp can send some into anaphylactic shock. Roaches and other bugs can spread disease and cause asthmatic reactions in many. And, termites, carpenter ants, and other wood chewing insects can do significant damage to homes. With these 6 tips you can help make your home less attractive, and less accessible, to invasive and harmful pests. Get protected, and stay protected, by learning how to exclude bugs and wildlife from your home, with the help of a professional pest control company.
All-American Pest Control services middle-Tennessee, is proud to be endorsed by Dave Ramsey, and is a winner of the Angie's List Super Service Award. They are an Accredited Business with the Better Business Bureau and have an A+ rating. Visit their website at http://www.allamericanpestcontrol.com.