Companies like Kovair Software enhance the productivity and value of Microsoft’s ALM products by enabling developers to more efficiently integrate their investments with other ALM components.
San Ramon, CA (PRWEB) April 28, 2015
Kovair Software (http://www.kovair.com), one of the leaders in Integrated Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) today announced release of the Kovair Omnibus Integration Adapter for Microsoft Visual Studio Online. This new adapter enhances Kovair’s integration capabilities with Microsoft’s cloud-hosted ALM products.
The integration of Visual Studio Online with Kovair Omnibus (http://www.kovair.com/omnibus-integration/) will allow bi-directional flow of Visual Studio Online work items between a wide variety of on-premises and cloud tools such as Team Foundation Server 2013 (TFS 2013), HP ALM, or Rally. This integration facilitates data collaboration among various tools, thus providing a centralized view of the Unified Software Development processes in the cloud.
“Enterprises moving to Visual Studio Online on the Microsoft Azure platform, and seeking to integrate their development, testing, and project management teams to dramatically increase collaboration, productivity and traceability can take advantage of the multi tool integration capability of the Omnibus Integration Platform. Using Omnibus, they can also greatly retain their existing investments by integrating non-Microsoft tools data with Visual Studio Online,” said Bipin Shah, CEO and Chairman of Kovair.
“It often happens in an organization that the isolated teams involved in a project need to work on both the cloud and on-premises tools simultaneously, and ensure real-time data synchronization. With the help of the powerful Omnibus plug-in framework, developers using Visual Studio Team System or Eclipse IDE can also view Visual Studio Online work items like requirements, bugs, test cases within the IDE itself,” said the head of Omnibus team at Kovair.
“Microsoft’s Visual Studio Online and Team Foundation Server offer development teams a comprehensive ALM solution to accelerate deployment, improve collaboration and support agile planning,” said Mitra Azizirad, General Manager, Developer Platform Marketing and Sales at Microsoft Corp. “Companies like Kovair Software enhance the productivity and value of Microsoft’s ALM products by enabling developers to more efficiently integrate their investments with other ALM components.”
A Sample Scenario
In an organization, testing teams using HP ALM and JIRA for a few years can utilize their existing test cases and bugs by pushing them to Visual Studio Online, so that the artifacts become visible across development teams. Thus Kovair ensures that developers are able to create a virtual consolidated platform consisting of best-of-breed tools where they can manage requirements, test cases, codes, defects with a single view. Similarly, on premise users get the real-time updates of the same artifacts without leaving their preferred tool environment.
Kovair Omnibus Adapter for Visual Studio Online provides the following:
- Complete Traceability – Bi-directional support for interrelationship between artifacts across various heterogeneous tools. Users can get traceability data from Visual Studio Online along with the relationships and vice versa.
- Support for non-Microsoft tools – Data can be pulled or pushed from various Microsoft and non-Microsoft tools.
- Intelligent Reporting – With powerful reporting engine of Kovair platform, Project managers and Development leaders can keep track of test cases being executed, defects being created, monitored and repaired by the whole development teams.
- Better Source Code Management - Developers gain visibility into specific files and file versions pertaining to requirements and defects in other tools. The stakeholders in other tools also get a clear visibility into code changes without leaving their existing tool setup.
- Save on Resources - TFS work items on the cloud and other project artifacts across the tools can be optionally stored in a central repository, thus avoiding wastage of resources involved in manual hand-offs among team members.
The Kovair Omnibus Adapter for Visual Studio Online (http://www.kovair.com/adapters/visual-studio-online-integration/) is already available for enterprise use. The live demonstration of the integration scenario can be scheduled in advance and run through web conferences by contacting the Kovair Omnibus Team.
For any further information please contact marketing(at)kovair(dot)com.
Share this: #KovairOmnibus #OmnibusIntegrationAdapter for #VSO
About Kovair Software:
Kovair Software is a Silicon Valley software product company specializing in the domain of Integrated Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solutions and supports global software development and management. Kovair’s focus on integrating third party best-of-breed ALM tools enables development of applications in a synchronized tools environment.
Kovair’s flagship products Omnibus Integration Platform, ALM Studio and Integrated Test Management are highly preferred solutions by some of the major corporations globally.