We’ve developed a customizable services offering to help schools and districts build sustainable blended learning programs that drive better academic outcomes
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) May 12, 2015
Edgenuity, a leading provider of online and blended learning solutions, today introduced a new suite of consulting, coaching, and professional resources to help schools and districts implement blended learning programs. This new Blended Learning Services offering builds on Edgenuity’s content and technology expertise, providing educators with strategies and guidance to support the transition to a blended educational model.
“Blended learning is being increasingly embraced using a wide range of implementation models to address different instructional goals,” said Sari Factor, CEO of Edgenuity. “Many of our partner schools have requested assistance launching their blended learning programs. In response, we’ve developed a customizable services offering to help schools and districts build sustainable blended learning programs that drive better academic outcomes.”
Blended Learning Services Help Schools Ensure Success
Tift County, Georgia is one of the first districts using Edgenuity’s Blended Learning Services to support the transition to blended learning. In spring 2014, Tift began an initial deployment of Edgenuity for credit recovery and summer school, which soon expanded to include blended learning for core instruction across three of its four schools. To ensure that their blended learning model was effectively implemented, Tift used Edgenuity’s blended learning coaching solution for flexible and full-service support for its teachers.
“Tift County is constantly thinking about how to transform the classroom and provide more personalized instruction to our students,” said Dana Spurlin, Instructional Technology Director at Tift County Schools. “We knew that implementing a blended learning program was the next step, but our teachers needed a support system to provide guidance along the way that was not yet available anywhere else. With Edgenuity’s Blended Learning Services, coaches provide a constant source of feedback and instruction through open dialogue, webinars, site visits, surveys and in-class demonstrations, all working towards the goal of driving better academic outcomes for our students.”
Edgenuity’s Blended Learning Services consist of:
- Program Design Consulting: A series of meetings with a school or district leadership team to review academic goals, plan implementation, set policies and determine success metrics.
- Introduction to Blended Learning On-Site Workshop: An interactive session where teachers explore best practices in blended learning models, learn to use data to inform instruction and grouping and discuss strategies for lesson planning.
- Blended Learning Resource Kit: A collection of classroom routines, re-teaching activities, and other instructional best practices to support blended instruction.
- Blended Learning Coaching for Practitioners: An ongoing series of face-to-face and online meetings for discussion, collaboration, and feedback.
- Blended Learning Course: Access to an asynchronous course designed to help teachers develop core competencies and practical strategies for blended learning. This course has been built using the new iNACOL Blended Learning Teacher Competency Framework that outlines 12 specific competencies and effective practices to help make blended learning instructional methods more successful.
To learn more about Edgenuity Blended Learning Services, please go to http://www.edgenuity.com/services/blended-learning-services/.
Edgenuity provides engaging online education solutions that propel success for every student, empower every teacher to deliver more effective instruction, and enable schools and districts to meet their academic goals. Edgenuity delivers a range of Core Curriculum, AP®, Elective, Career and Technical Education (CTE), and Credit Recovery courses aligned to the rigor and high expectations of state, Common Core and iNACOL standards and designed to inspire life-long learning. Fully flexible for use in any blended or online learning model, Edgenuity supports an environment where personalized learning is possible. With more than 200 semester-long courses and growing, Edgenuity is driving outcomes for millions of students in schools and districts across the country. For more information, and to see Edgenuity in action, visit Edgenuity.com.
Sloane & Company