Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) August 09, 2015
Elvis Presley will forever be remembered as the rebellious singer that started a cultural revolution, the popular actor that starred in over 30 movies, and the musical legend that sold over 1 billion records.
But who really was the man underneath that powerful image of The King of Rock and Roll?
It's time to look at Elvis from the inside out.
In Elvis: Behind The Legend, author Trina Young explores the inner motivations and desires of the man who would be crowned The King of Rock and Roll, and reveals how Elvis Presley's success actually conflicted with many of his own personal passions.
Elvis Presley’s public image as The King of Rock and Roll was constantly at war with his inner desires: the rock and roll revolutionary who wanted to be a mainstream pop star, the teen heartthrob who wanted to be a serious actor, the defiant rebel who dutifully served in the military, the sex god who released religious gospel records and the anti-establishment symbol who proudly shook hands with President Nixon.
Similar to Bob Dylan, Presley was ultimately assigned a title and image that he never aspired to. While Dylan abruptly left the musical genre of folk music that made him famous to freely pursue his other musical passions, Presley was never allowed to escape his rock and roll image.
Many rock and roll fans wondered why he had changed so much over the years and some even criticized him for it. Elvis was forever compared to his 1950s image of sex, defiance and rebellion which in many ways led him to be misunderstood.
Startling revelations about Elvis Presley include:
- His hidden speech impediment
- How he truly felt about rock and roll
- The 55-year kissing mystery
- The famous outfit Elvis hated to wear
- How Elvis learned to bump and grind
- His true musical passion
- How Elvis launched his career by accident
- Why serving in the army terrified him
- What Elvis and Steve McQueen had in common
- The woman who stood between Elvis and Priscilla
- How Elvis helped build the Pearl Harbor memorial
- What his ultimate ambition in show business really was
- How the army changed Elvis
- Why he sang with a professed hater of rock and roll
- Why Elvis was willing to give up his career
- The acclaimed Elvis film that was surprisingly a flop
- What really happened when Elvis met The Beatles
- The tragic backstory to Jailhouse Rock
- Why Elvis never attended any of his movie premieres
- The real reason Elvis went to meet President Nixon
- How Elvis designed his own gravesite
- Who was bigger - Elvis or The Beatles?
- Elvis Presley's Movies Ranked by Total Box Office Earnings
- Elvis Presley's Certified Record Sales compared to The Beatles
Elvis: Behind The Legend is a compilation of surprising facts and revelations about The King – some light-hearted and fun, and some striking at the core of Presley’s heart and passions. It also explores some of the myths in the Presley legend.
By looking beneath the surface, this book gives music fans an insight into The King of Rock and Roll like never before.
Visit http://www.ElvisBiography.net to view the book trailer.
E-book available August 11; paperback due out September 2015.