Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 29, 2015
The HHS Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) last month proposed omnibus fuidance on the 340B Drug Pricing Program, which allows qualifying nonprofit entities to purchase covered outpatient drugs at deeply discounted rates. This long-awaited proposed guidance sheds new light on patient eligibility, compliance requirements for contract pharmacy arrangements and how 340B violations should be handled. “The 340B Drug Pricing Program: What Proposed Changes Would Mean for Your Organization,” an Oct. 7 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will outline best practices for complying with this sweeping federal program.
In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, William Sarraille, a senior member of the health care practice group at Sidley Austin LLP, and Karolyn Woo-Miles, a principal with Deloitte & Touche’s Business Risk Health Sciences practice, will discuss key aspects of the newly proposed 340B guidance and their impact on covered entities, manufacturers and other stakeholders. They’ll provide insider perspectives on questions such as:
- What key points in the proposed guidance will have the greatest impact on hospitals?
- How can pharmaceutical manufacturers benefit from increased oversight of this program?
- How is a “340B patient” defined in the proposed guidance and what new challenges will this proposed revised definition create for covered entities?
- What are HRSA’s expectations when it comes to contract pharmacy arrangements?
- How does the new guidance aim to prevent duplicate discounts?
- What are the differences between HRSA and manufacturer audits of 340B entities, and how will such audits be impacted by the proposed guidance?
- What are the implications of the proposed guidance on specialty pharmacies?
- What are the potential effects of this growing program that other payers (such as Medicare, TRICARE and commercial plans) need to know about?
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5p26_100715 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.