High Wycombe, England (PRWEB UK) 13 January 2016
Research with JD Edwards customers has shown that the key issues when upgrading their EnterpriseOne solution are the effort required to test the upgrade and the complexity involved. With a history of working with global organisations to manage and implement upgrades, DWS has always tried to develop innovative solutions to address customers’ issues. Once again they have applied their unique capability and innovative approach to solve the testing challenges JD Edwards customers face.
Their Dimension suite of products helps organisations to manage the process and are unique to the market.
Dimension Focus™ enables customers to plan their testing effort more effectively and more efficiently. It identifies which applications need the maximum amount of testing time and, perhaps more importantly, those applications that are not affected so only require a minimal amount of testing. Dimension Focus™ is a software application that analyses the ESU (Electronic Software Update) code changes down to the event and function level. There is nothing else in the market that can achieve this.
Its features include
- It identifies exactly what needs testing and what does not need testing.
- It grades the impact for each object by analysing the dependencies at the event level and figures out the scale of the impact that applying the ESUs has had on each top level object.
- It creates a testing “heat map” to show the level at which the applications are affected, and those that the customer needs to spend the most amount of effort testing.
Dimension SwifTest™ is used to manage the automation of the testing effort, with the results of the tests being stored in the DWS Dimension Hub™, a secure and private Cloud. It has been built from the ground up with native integration to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne a core objective. Specifically Dimension SwifTest™:
- Uses unique scanning technology to automate the generation of test scripts for all test scenarios
- Provides clear reporting on test results
- Pinpoints all test failures with user-friendly information regarding the reasons for the failures so the developers have everything they need to correct the issue
- Enables drill-down for more detailed analysis of test results
- When combined with Dimension Focus™, uses the DWS Best Test Approach™ for optimal testing of your JD Edwards implementation or upgrade.
These two testing applications continue the DWS tradition of helping their customers make substantial savings on their upgrade projects. As an example, DWS solutions helped one customer reduce its upgrade costs by more than $1 million in developer effort alone.
The confidence at DWS is sky high and the results prove it. As a result DWS are offering customers a free 30 day trial of either product, supported by their team of experts. For more information on the products or to discuss the trial call DWS on +44 (0) 1494 896600.
“Our research indicated that the biggest barrier preventing customers from upgrading their JD Edwards systems and maintaining them was the effort and complexity of testing those upgrades,” said Barry Burke, CEO at DWS. “With these innovative new products, we can simplify the whole testing process and reduce the resources and effort required. This makes upgrading affordable, practical and a sensible thing to do.”
Since 1998, DWS has been providing specialist software development and CNC expertise to companies who want to customise, upgrade and support their JD Edwards E1 systems.
Their award winning Dimension Analyze™ services have assisted customers in Europe, Australasia and North America with their Enterprise One upgrade projects.
DWS is an Oracle Gold partner and a JD Edwards Certified Specialist, and has built an enviable reputation as a true consulting expert in JD Edwards development.
JD Edwards, 9.2, DWS, Oracle, Upgrade, simplified JD Edwards upgrade, Dimension Focus™, Dimension SwifTest™, Testing