New York, NY (PRWEB) January 18, 2016
Updater has signed Fairfield Residential Company LLC, one of the 20 largest apartment management companies in the United States, according to the National Multifamily Housing Council’s (NMHC) 2015 rankings.
Fairfield Residential, based in San Diego, CA, manages a portfolio of over 52,000 units across 24 states and the District of Columbia. All residents moving in or out of Fairfield Residential apartment homes now receive access to a personalized and guided Updater workflow as part of Fairfield’s core amenity offerings. Additionally, all on-site leasing teams at Fairfield properties receive training, marketing and leasing sales support from Updater.
Updater saves residents hours by streamlining the various processes associated with moving, including, but not limited to:
- Updating Accounts: Updater can automatically update a resident’s new address for any of over 15,000 businesses, including magazines, newspapers, alumni associations, charities, loyalty and frequent flyer accounts, and more.
- Connecting Home Services: Updater helps residents set up digital services and schedule in-home installations.
- Forwarding Mail: Updater files residents’ official U.S. Postal Service mail-forwarding forms online.
- Sending Digital Moving Announcements: Residents can create digital moving e-cards to notify friends and family of their new address.
- Claiming Move-in Offers: Updater provides special offers and exclusive deals on moving services and expenses, such as discounts on professional cleaning, moving companies, cardboard boxes, and more.
“Our mission is to provide our residents with the highest quality living experience,” explained Terry Phillips, Senior VP of Strategic Operations at Fairfield Residential. “The move-in is one of the first interactions that our residents experience at our properties – one that sets the tone for their entire time with us. Updater helps us make a memorable first impression.”
The addition of Fairfield Residential to Updater’s growing client base reflects the strong demand among the leading multifamily companies to leverage Updater’s technology to improve and manage the moving process.
Updater Founder and CEO, David Greenberg, added, “We are thrilled that Fairfield Residential chose Updater to help improve the resident move-in experience. Updater's guided workflow has both the national and local personalization to make us uniquely equipped to bring innovation to moving at all Fairfield properties.”
The Fairfield Residential launch comes shortly after Updater took first place in the annual Launch Pad competition at the recent NMHC OpTech Conference. As the winner of the competition with a sweeping 47% of the vote, Updater received the highly coveted Apartment Technology Innovator Award, celebrating the year’s best multifamily technology innovation.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $30 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. For more information, please visit http://www.updater.com.