Our first-ever adventure travel trips feature all of the things about Maine that people know and love, offered in way that only L.L.Bean could deliver on.
Freeport, Maine (PRWEB) April 19, 2016
The L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools is announcing its first-ever menu of adventure travel trips for 2016. L.L.Bean, a trusted source for high-quality outdoor gear and apparel for over 103 years is pleased to be offering these dynamic, once-in-a-lifetime trips, carefully developed to highlight the very best that Maine has to offer, delivered in a way that is uniquely L.L.Bean.
The Great Maine Adventure with L.L.Bean gives people the ability to experience quintessential Maine by land and sea. This 7-day one-of-a-kind adventure features kayaking, hiking and biking to some of Maine’s most scenic and iconic destinations.
Trip highlights include:
- Lodging and dining at award-winning restaurants and inns
- Guided coastal bike tour and private lighthouse tour
- Sea kayaking on Casco Bay with a lobster bake lunch on a picturesque island
- Guided hike on Mount Megunticook with panoramic views of Penobscot Bay and Camden harbor
- Schooner ride on Penobscot Bay
- Private tour of L.L.Bean’s Bean Boot manufacturing facility with your own custom pair of Bean Boots
- Additional activities include semi-private guided instruction in fly fishing, stand-up paddleboarding or clay shooting, museum visits and more
The Coastal Maine Hiking trip is an unforgettable 8-day hiking adventure taking people to some of the most beautiful mountains and quaint villages found in Maine. This trip is guided by Distant Journeys Inc., a leader in hiking vacations for 28 years. During the day, participants will hike an average of 4 to 5 hours on varied terrain, learning about the Maine woods with an expert Maine wildlife biologist. During the evening, folks can relax in cozy B&Bs and country inns, all the while, experiencing delicious Maine-inspired cuisine.
Trip highlights include:
- Scenic drive and ferry ride to Monhegan Island
- Exploring Camden Hills State Park
- Hiking and exploring world-famous Acadia National Park
- Ferry rides to Maine’s most charming islands
- Wine tasting, museum visits, garden tours and more
The Western Maine Hut Hike is a European-style hiking experience through Maine’s famed premier wilderness area, the Western Mountains. Offered during the fall, this trip gives people the ability to experience Maine’s fall foliage at its peak, while learning about the Maine woods with an expert wildlife biologist. Evenings will be spent in the warmth and comfort of backcountry lodges and huts. This trip is guided by Distant Journeys Inc., a leader in hiking vacations for 28 years.
Trip highlights include:
- Hiking with a Maine wildlife biologist and learning about Maine’s flora and fauna
- 3 days of hiking in the Moosehead Lake Region
- 4 days hiking between Maine Huts and Trails’ (hyperlink) huts, with amazing scenery and wildlife viewing
- Canoeing the Dead River
- Watching the avian spectacle of migration and much more
“Our first-ever adventure travel trips feature all of the things about Maine that people know and love, offered in way that only L.L.Bean could deliver on,” said Gretchen Ostherr, senior manager for the L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools. “These are once-in-a-lifetime adventures, combining outdoor adventure, excellent food and accommodations, plenty of unique wildlife viewing opportunities and Maine culture.”
The Outdoor Discovery Schools also offers dozens of shorter courses, trips and tours at various regions throughout the country for activities such as fly fishing, archery, shooting, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, biking, bird watching, canoeing, hiking, as well as women’s-only adventures. In addition, at each of its retail stores throughout the country, L.L.Bean offers a host of free clinics and demonstrations on a range of topics from navigating with a map and compass, fly tying, hiking, to trail running and more.
To review the full host of L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery School offerings, their locations and dates and to register online, visit http://www.llbean.com/adventure for more information, call 888-552-3261.
About L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools
Since 1979, the L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools have been offering a variety of courses, trips, tours, seminars and clinics for activities such as kayaking, cycling, fly fishing, camping, hiking, stand-up paddleboarding and much more. The guiding principals have always remained the same: to promote an enjoyment of the outdoors by making it as easy as possible for people to engage in outdoor activities and to foster an appreciation and respect for our natural environment. These foundations are inherent in every program offered, whether it is a two-hour fly casting lesson, a half-day tour or a three-day trip. Last year, over 150,000 people participated in L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery School programs.
# # #