Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 28, 2016
Qualis Health, one of the nation's leading population health management organizations, will present the Washington Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality on May 4. Five healthcare organizations from across the state of Washington will be recognized for their achievements in improving healthcare quality and outcomes.
“In 2016, Americans are demanding transformation in healthcare. With these awards, we recognize five organizations in Washington State that demonstrate progress toward the goals of the National Quality Strategy: better care, improved population health, and lower costs,” said Jonathan Sugarman, MD, MPH, President and CEO of Qualis Health. “Their accomplishments are making a real difference for their communities.”
Winners of the 2016 Washington Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality in Washington are selected by a panel of expert Washington stakeholders. Award recipients will be recognized during a ceremony at the 2016 Northwest Patient Safety Conference on May 4 in Lynnwood, Washington. Hugh Straley, MD, Chair of the Qualis Health Board of Directors, will present the awards.
The 2016 Quality Awards of Excellence in Healthcare Quality are awarded to the following organizations:
- Award of Excellence: Post-acute care – Issaquah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Issaquah, for their project, “Reducing Falls in a Skilled Nursing Facility”
- Award of Excellence: Outpatient setting – UW Neighborhood Clinics, Seattle, for their project, “Integrating Behavioral Health into Primary Care”
- Award of Excellence: Single large hospital – Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, for their project, “A Collaborative Transitions of Care Program for Heart Failure Patients”
- Award of Excellence: Single large hospital – Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, for their project, “A Clinical Decision Support Tool for Hospitalists: A Simple, Low-Cost Way to Improve Care for Patients Hospitalized with Myocardial Infarction”
- Award of Excellence: Community organization – Verdant Health Commission, Snohomish County, for their project, “Community Paramedicine: Improving Care and Connections for Vulnerable Populations”
# # #
About Qualis Health
Qualis Health is one of the nation’s leading population health management organizations, and a leader in improving care delivery and patient outcomes, working with clients throughout the public and private sector to advance the quality, efficiency and value of healthcare for millions of Americans every day.
For more information, visit http://www.QualisHealth.org.