Continually improving the transportation experience of students to and from school is of the utmost importance to the Zonar team.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) November 07, 2016
Zonar, the leader in smart fleet management technology, and the National Association of Pupil Transportation (NAPT) announced today the 2016 winners of the annual Don Carnahan Memorial Grant. This year’s 36 recipients, with combined fleets of nearly 2,000 school buses will receive up to $50,000 each for the latest school bus security, safety and efficiency technology hardware.
The winners are:
- Alhambra Unified School District, Alhambra, CA
- Banning Unified School District, Riverside County, CA
- Becker Independent School District 726, Becker, MN
- Brea Olinda Unified School District, Orange County, CA
- Champaign Community Unit School District 4, Champaign, IL
- Clinton Central School Corporation, Michigantown, IN
- Community School Corporation of Southern Hancock County, New Palestine, IN
- Dorchester County School District, Summerville, SC
- East Stroudsburg Area School District, East Stroudsburg, PA
- Jurupa United School District, Jurupa Valley, CA
- La Habra City School District, La Habra, CA
- La Mesa Spring Valley, San Diego County, CA
- Lakewood Board of Education, Lakewood, NJ
- Littleton Elementary School District #65, Avandale, AZ
- Logan Hocking Local School District, Logan, OH
- Lucia Mar Unified School District, San Luis Obispo County, CA
- Manteca Unified School District, Manteca, CA
- Mapleton Public Schools, Denver, CO
- Midway Public School, Inkster, ND
- Murfreesboro City Schools, Murfreesboro, TN
- Oxnard Union High School District, Oxnard, CA
- Pajaro Valley United School District, Watsonville, CA
- Palermo Unified School District, Butte County, CA
- Pembroke Central School District, Corfu, NY
- Pocono Mountain School District, Monroe County, PA
- Ramona Unified School District, San Diego County CA
- Sonoma Valley Unified School District, Sonoma, CA
- Spring Branch Independent School District, Hedwig Village, TX
- Spring Independent School District, Harris County, TX
- St Stephens & St Agnes School, Alexandria, VA
- Temecula Valley Unified School District, Temecula, CA
- Unified School District #320, Wamego, KS
- Ventura Unified School District, Ventura, CA
- Wabash City Schools, Wabash, IN
- Wadsworth City Schools, Wadsworth, OH
- Washington County Public Schools, MD
“Continually improving the transportation experience of students to and from school is of the utmost importance to the Zonar team,” said H. Kevin Mest, senior vice president of passenger services at Zonar. “We look forward to working with the grant recipients to enhancing their school bus operations with our smart fleet technologies.”
The rolling grant opportunity has been made available annually to eligible NAPT members since 2011. It enables more school districts in the U.S. and Canada access to Zonar’s smart fleet technologies with inspection, tracking, and reporting capabilities that empower school districts to manage their bus fleet operations more effectively and keep students safe. The solutions include real-time insight into school bus fleets with live location reports, student ridership status and driver performance data. Additionally, the solutions verify that maintenance and inspections are in compliance, up-to-date by remotely detecting and flagging mechanical issues to significantly reduce performance problems and help eliminate breakdowns.
Grant recipients will be awarded smart fleet management technology from Zonar including Electronic Verified Inspection Reporting (EVIR) found on the Zonar 2010, 2020 and Zonar ConnectTM, Global Position System (GPS) V3, Real Time Engine Diagnostic Reporting, Student Tracking (Z Pass), and Ground Traffic Control web-based software.
Recipients of the grant are NAPT members that were selected based on their proposed plans with expected ROI for using Zonar’s Fleet Management Solutions.
"NAPT is excited to partner again with Zonar on this grant opportunity and we are pleased that this opportunity helps school districts become safer and more efficient," said Mike Martin, executive director, NAPT. "This opportunity affords members access to valuable tools to improve operations and keep them at the forefront of the industry's best practice technologies.”
To be considered as a future Don Carnahan Memorial Grant recipient, a school system must be an ongoing NAPT member as well as a member at the time the application is submitted. School systems currently using alternate technology that want to upgrade to Zonar are also encouraged to apply. Applications that include matching funds will be considered. For more information visit: http://www.napt.org/qdynamo/download.php?docid=87.
In addition to the Don Carnahan Memorial Grant, Zonar recognized the value of NAPT’s annual summit, and in an effort encourage its customers to attend, Zonar awards eligible Zonar customers with a scholarship to offset the cost of registration. For information on next years scholarship opportunity visit http://www.napt.org.
NAPT is the school transportation industry’s largest and most diverse membership organization with members throughout the United States and Canada, as well as several countries in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. NAPT is headquartered in Albany, NY. http://www.napt.org.
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Headquartered in Seattle, Zonar also has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. For more information about Zonar Systems, go to http://www.zonarsystems.com.