Ice skate outdoors, have breakfast with Santa, watch holiday movies under the stars and much more at Hilton San Diego Bayfront's Holiday by the Bay this holiday season.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) November 16, 2016
Hilton San Diego Bayfront will launch their inaugural holiday programming of Holiday by the Bay December 10, 2016 to January 2, 2017.
Hilton San Diego Bayfront is excited to announce their holiday events and activities for its guests and local residents. Holiday by the Bay will appeal to the whole family with events such as: Breakfast with Santa, holiday movies under the stars, naughty or nice themed cocktail menus and, of course, ice skating outdoors by the San Diego Bay.
Attractive holiday themed room packages are available during Holiday by the Bay:
- Holiday by the Bay Package includes guest room and ice skating passes with rates starting from $159/night.
- Military Holiday by the Bay Package features a 10% savings on the Holiday by the Bay Package with rates from $143/night with Military ID.
- Parade of Lights Package is featured during the San Diego Bay Parade of Lights on December 11 and 18, 2016 with rates from $263/night. Includes a Bay View room and Dinner for two at Vela restaurant with priority bay view seating.
- A Bayfront Christmas Package includes an upgraded view guest room, unlimited ice skating, daily self-parking, daily breakfast for two, in-room message from Santa and a mini in-room Christmas tree. Rates start from $243/night.
- A Presidential Christmas Package includes a stay in the expansive Presidential Suite or Executive Suite, unlimited ice skating, daily valet parking, daily breakfast for four, in-room message from Santa and mini in-room Christmas trees. Rates for this two night minimum package start from $1,153/night.
"The holiday season is a time for celebrating family, friends and community," said Tracy Walker, area general manager, Hilton San Diego Bayfront. "This year, we are excited to unveil our ‘Holiday by the Bay’ programming at Hilton San Diego Bayfront. We hope to inspire magical memories and new traditions that guests and local residents will remember for years to come."
Guests will be greeted by a life-size gingerbread house which was built in-house by our master pastry chef Rudi Weiner. It takes three months to bake, decorate and assemble and costs $10,000. A 14-foot decorated Christmas tree will be displayed in the hotel, providing the perfect backdrop for a family photo. Holiday themed movies will be shown under the stars in the Promenade Plaza for the whole family:
- December 10 – Elf
- December 17 – The Santa Clause
- December 24 – Polar Express
Across from the hotel, on Bayfront Park, Hilton San Diego Bayfront will have an outdoor ice rink for hotel guests and locals to enjoy. The rink is situated alongside the San Diego Bay with views of downtown San Diego and Coronado Island. Ice skating will be available Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Admission rates will be $16 per skater Monday through Thursday and $20 per skater Friday through Sunday. Ice skate rentals are included in rates.
Bayfront Park will transform into a winter wonderland with festive décor and themed food and beverage concessions for the season. A “Naughty or Nice” cocktail menu will be featured in Bayfront Park and Odysea Lounge in the hotel. Themed ice skating days and events are also schedules during Holiday by the Bay:
- Opening Day – On December 10, 2016 the ice rink will be opened to the public in partnership with Toys for Tots.
- Military Mondays – $10 ice skating for our service men and women with a military ID.
- Ugly Sweater Night – Thursdays at 7:00pm followed by an ugly sweater contest in Odysea lounge at 8:00 p.m.
- Breakfast with Santa – Join Santa in Vela Restaurant on December 11, 18 and 24, 2016 for breakfast 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- 12 Days of Bliss – Spa Aquazul will offer $75-minute Gentle Touch massages including a take home spa gift with a toy donation to Toys for Tots from December 12 to December 24, 2016.
For more information on Holiday by the Bay at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, please visit http://www.hiltonsandiegobayfront.com/holidaybythebay.
About Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Hilton San Diego Bayfront, a 30-story, 1,190 room hotel, is located on the edge of the bay in downtown San Diego and situated on 12.79 acres of Bayfront land. The hotel boasts 165,000 square feet of meeting and event space, four restaurants, a 7,300 square foot health club and spa, 3,000 square feet of retail space, a 2,400 square foot business center along with San Diego’s first heated saltwater hotel swimming pool and nearly $2 million of commissioned public art. Hilton San Diego Bayfront is adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and PETCO Park, located at One Park Boulevard, San Diego, 92101. For additional information, please visit: http://www.hiltonsandiegobayfront.com.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Founded in 1919 as the flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continues to build upon its legacy of innovation by developing products and services to meet the needs of savvy global travelers at more than 550 hotels across six continents. Hilton is the stylish, forward-thinking global leader in hospitality with Team Members shaping experiences in which every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Access the latest news at news.hilton.com and begin your journey at http://www.hilton.com or http://www.hilton.com/offers for the latest hotel specials. View a list of official social channels at http://www.hilton.com/social. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide’s ten market leading brands.